• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Euro 2016 pub

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah but you have to say they probably would have, both were easily one of the 16 best performing teams. Norn Iron too.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Depends whether the qualifying groups would have been different I suppose?
They wouldn't have been, seeding was the same and 6 teams per group is a kind of fixed compromise.

I expect we would have had nine group winners + three best runners-up (12), and six teams playing off. Think Wales and Iceland would have been among the best runners-up even.

Uppercut

They wouldn't have been, seeding was the same and 6 teams per group is a kind of fixed compromise.

I expect we would have had nine group winners + three best runners-up (12), and six teams playing off. Think Wales and Iceland would have been among the best runners-up even.
Didn't Iceland only fall to 2nd after wrapping up qualification early? If so then can argue they'd probably have won their group if they'd needed to anyway.

King Pietersen

International Captain

UEFA have announced their Team of the Tournament, and who picked it? Joe Allen..........Ronaldo at striker........No Bale.........Come on UEFA.

Uppercut

Kimmich sticks out like a sore thumb given that he played twice in that position and his defining contribution was an epic **** up for the second French goal. Chris Gunter the obvious choice there.

Seems to only include players from the semis but if allowed I'd have Naingollan in for Allen, Bonucci in for Boateng. Both are basically fine though. Tough tournament to pick a team from.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Bale wasn't that good tbh. Meant to ask if he was carrying an injury because he contributed virtually nothing against Belgium or Portugal.