• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England will win the World Cup

Andyhere

International 12th Man
Their style of play will be exposed on subcontinental conditions. As we saw with Harry Brook in IPL. England's batting is super strong but bowling is super weak. They have no genuine wicket takers outside of wokes. Unless a team gifts them wickets they have no one to take wickets by pure skills in the bowling - aka T20 bowling attack.

It's this imbalance that makes England venerable.
I called it out immediately, this bits and pieces T20 players never had patience or temperament to compete in subcontinentel conditions.

Molehill

International Captain
I called it out immediately, this bits and pieces T20 players never had patience or temperament to compete in subcontinentel conditions.
Erm no. You said the batting is 'super strong' and you said only Woakes would take wickets. Turns out the batting was ****e, Woakes was ****e but Topley was very good for the 2.5 games he played.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Holy **** this is absolute gold , to be fair I expected South Africa to have the tournament England is having, its almost like they swapped souls lmao.

Ali TT

International Debutant
No date specified. Think Chris just needs to post an updated version of this thread every 4 years.

loterry1994

International Debutant
Think they still have a good team but think their confidence just got hammered after the first few games and it’s been hard to recover since. And that’s all need for a poor run of form. Has happened to plenty of sides that have looked good on paper for icc tournaments, ipl etc. I know their senior guys are proven and should have done better this tournament but these young guys they’ve brought in also with like 10-15 odis aren’t proven at all.

Last edited:

ma1978

State Captain
Chris - you are responsible for the England’s team performance

but England doesn’t have Shreyas Iyer or Shardul Thakur so look on the bright side

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pretty funny from Wasim Jaffer, a man who isn't fit to carry 3/4 of the current England ODI side's jock straps.

Chin Music

State 12th Man
I clearly got the part about the batting wrong, I will admit that although the whole side misfiring like that is crazy. Even the conservatively picked 2011 team performed OK with the bat. They just never had the firepower to win games, the quarter final being a case in point when a Trott led batting performance crawled to 230 odd 229 .[edit]

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
This is just a test of faith for our man Chris Hinton. Will you keep firing shots Chris? Or falter?

Keep the bold calls going mate.

Molehill

International Captain
This is just a test of faith for our man Chris Hinton. Will you keep firing shots Chris? Or falter?

Keep the bold calls going mate.
To be fair, his efforts would have been successful in 2 of the 3 previous World Cup formats.