• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England whinge about India tour itineray

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
That proves my point then. The OP was saying we had no right to complain and were basically sulking. Where as you say India did the exact same thing in the past.

Oh, I don't disagree that there is a bit of payback. But its a bit rich to complain after brushing off the same type of complaints from the other side, isn't it? Plus, this itinerary isn't that bad.

R_D

International Debutant
I see... already coming up with excuses before they lose. Nothing new really...

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Where exactly has there been anything that could be used as an excuse for losing?

"Yeah. We only win in big cities. India knew that and chose to play in towns we'd lose in"

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
India had complained to England many times when they were less powerful about this exact thing. And the answer they got was 'It's the decision of the hosting board, so you're SoL.'
No they didnt. England has always used the same grounds and each major team has usually (if not always) got a Lord's Test.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
More chance of Inzamam losing 10 stone and becoming the face of weight watchers, tbh.

R_D

International Debutant
Where exactly has there been anything that could be used as an excuse for losing?

"Yeah. We only win in big cities. India knew that and chose to play in towns we'd lose in"
No more like along the line " We couldn't concntrate with all that travelling around, no good pubs or hotels etc to take our minds off cricket". We were stuck in our rooms nothing to do.. et al

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I can't really see what the complaint is...England isn't being sent to backwater country towns, and they're playing the Tests in Ahmedabad and Mumbai.
Neither can I.

It sounds like a bloody good tour (excessive ODI’s aside), some ‘new’ places and cultures for the players and supporters to experience. Logistically it maybe a problem for the 'Barmy Army' but the BCCI are not a tour operator and couldn’t give two farts if the five star hotels in Cuttack are not up to the England team standards. They (Marcus Trescothick) moaned last time they were there about what a hard life it was whilst living the life of Riley.