• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England test tour of Pakistan December 2022

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Where’s Imam Ul Haq? Presume he’s injured as his output has been fine. Bloke’s a quality player

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
Rehan Ahmed looked bang on the money in this innings. Hope he has a good day tomorrow.

Glad to see Foakes get runs. It's a healthy conundrum for England to have with their top order after years of Root + nothing.

flibbertyjibber

Foakes batting is massively underrated in my view.

He averages 31 with the bat, the same as Jos Buttler and Ollie Pope and more than Zak Crawley.

His keeping is top notch and he's a typical keeper batsman - always busy at the crease and often gets runs when they're really needed.
Not by me. Got 2 hundreds already and takes more chances than Buttler or Bairstow. Has to stay in really and I know he may struggle in ashes but he won't drop chances which may make a difference.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Glad to see Foakes get runs. It's a healthy conundrum for England to have with their top order after years of Root + nothing.
It's going to be the toughest call that I've seen once Bairstow is fit again, unless Brook has a mare in NZ. Perhaps leaving our one of Bell, Thorpe and KP for the 2005 Ashes was the other tough call, and they didn't get that one right. But Brook's three hundreds in Pakistan >>>> Bell filling his boots at home to Bangladesh.

Daemon

Must say, my impression of Ahmed's bowling from the highlights (not the best source I know) is that he looks quite suited to limited overs but less so tests. He turns his googly a lot, his leg break not so much, is not particularly accurate, and bowls a rather flat blah trajectory.
Which Ahmed

TheJediBrah

If England were going to pick a spinner with little recent FC experience they should have just roped in Adil Rashid

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Secondly, Foakes' batting is still criminally under-rated by some people; averaged 40 in the six home tests that he played this year, before an absolutely priceless knock today.
For me, when Foakes is doing well, he was developed by Essex. When he's doing poorly, he was matured by Surrey.

greg

International Debutant
If England were going to pick a spinner with little recent FC experience they should have just roped in Adil Rashid
There’s a fundamental difference between little FC experience and little *recent* FC experience. Only one is a known and fully developed option. Talk of pigeon holing Ahmed now is to ignore the massive capacity for improvement. The problem will be managing how that happens, given the differing versions of the game will pull that development in multiple directions (including the possibility that improving his batting could take priority over his bowling - wouldn’t be the first English legspinner to end up going down that route)..