• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England test tour of Pakistan December 2022

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyone think Leach resembles Monty Panesar in his effectiveness? Good bowler, but just doesn't have the craft and guile at the top level. Also doesn't mix up his speeds enough imo. Everything is between 80-85kph with such a flat trajectory.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Gotta say, Jacks has bowled heaps better than I was expecting. Something to work with there if he really does want to be a proper FC bowler (I suspect he'd rather focus on being a T20 top order bat tbh).
He has been very committed to Surrey first class side. Doesn't go hunting t20 deals

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyone think Leach resembles Monty Panesar in his effectiveness? Good bowler, but just doesn't have the craft and guile at the top level. Also doesn't mix up his speeds enough imo. Everything is between 80-85kph with such a flat trajectory.
Nathan Lyon has taken 442 test wickets bowling about 90 km/h with no variations whatsoever.

anthonyalba

Cricket Spectator
england were paying good odds to win this test,although having seen the pitch i now understand why.
Lets hope its not a draw although playing on a road cant yield anything else very often i suppose.
I'm mystified that theyre allowed to use that pitch in test cricket

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I thought we left a few runs out there on Day 2 and, they way they were batting, I could see Pakistan making 750 with us having to save the match on a Day 5 pitch. But it looks like they hung on pretty well in there today. So long as Pakistan's last 3 wickets don't add many, we should be aiming to set them 450 on Day 5, which may yet be interesting.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
oh yeah all jokes aside he's done fine to run in and bend his back on such a dreadful pitch, and everyone who was involved in the curation of this pitch really should be sanctioned
So apologise for your **** post then please

ashley bach

International Captain
They didn't take a single on the 2nd ball of the over to protect number 9 Mahmood from Jimmy on this pitch! And now another!

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lmao Pakistani umpires are definitely of the "eh, may as well give it, he can just review it" school of thought on lbws. That's as bad the Rizwan one against Australia.