• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England player #666

Howe_zat

Audio File
Next debutant for England will be the day an incarnation of Satan makes it onto the team.

I reckon it'll be Jade Dernbach.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Lyth, IMHO.

I did hear that whoever it is will be given the choice to have 666 or 667. Shame we can't go back in time to ask #13 if he didn't want that ordinal number.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Lyth, IMHO.

I did hear that whoever it is will be given the choice to have 666 or 667. Shame we can't go back in time to ask #13 if he didn't want that ordinal number.
We should retroactively remove some of the mistakes over the years and have their numbers reused IMO

stumpski

International Captain
Lyth, IMHO.

Yeah I heard that too, pathetic if that's the case. It's just a number, nothing to do with The Omen or the Book of Revelations. Hopefully common sense will prevail.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
James Vince, he's scored double runs on SKY tonight.

This guy is South African, so must be in with a chance soon. Already better than Dernbach I reckon.

Oh and for those saying numbers aren't unlucky. Do you reckon the 13th player to play for England, Oz, India or West Indies are still alive. Spooky eh?

91Jmay

International Coach
To be fair Cricket is a pretty cursed game, literallly every player who has ever played it either will or has died.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
The unlucky 13s for each country:

England: Lord Harris
Australia: Billy Murdoch
South Africa: William Richards, but by their numbering which excludes players pre-Year Zero, Jonty Rhodes
West Indies: Tommy Scott
India: Lala Amarnath
New Zealand: John Mills
Pakistan: Zulfiqar Ahmed
Zimbabwe: David Brain
Bangladesh: Manjural Islam

Bit bored this morning. Bring on 11am.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The unlucky 13s for each country:

England: Lord Harris
Australia: Billy Murdoch
South Africa: William Richards, but by their numbering which excludes players pre-Year Zero, Jonty Rhodes
West Indies: Tommy Scott
India: Lala Amarnath
New Zealand: John Mills
Pakistan: Zulfiqar Ahmed
Zimbabwe: David Brain
Bangladesh: Manjural Islam

Bit bored this morning. Bring on 11am.
Anura Ranasinghe from Sri Lanka too.