• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Draft Game - Fantasy Cricket 2024

Himannv

International Coach
5 'zeroes' in my squad. I need Nepal to organise some games.
The associates are a bit of an X-factor here, I guess. There could be a huge shift in the table if some of them get their act together.

I'm hoping South Africa play a few more games featuring Jansen, Klaasen, and Maharaj. Their recent tour of NZ has been disappointing - they've essentially sent the C team out there.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
The associates are a bit of an X-factor here, I guess. There could be a huge shift in the table if some of them get their act together.

I'm hoping South Africa play a few more games featuring Jansen, Klaasen, and Maharaj. Their recent tour of NZ has been disappointing - they've essentially sent the C team out there.
.... and Miller

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
5 'zeroes' in my squad. I need Nepal to organise some games.
Once you get more than 2 of those zeroes cleared, you will get a slight worry that the points scored by your 12th and above players are getting wasted. I had the same feeling last years when it happened.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Once you get more than 2 of those zeroes cleared, you will get a slight worry that the points scored by your 12th and above players are getting wasted. I had the same feeling last years when it happened.
Thinking of this, the way Teuton has drafted the rules of this game is so good. 12-14 not getting points helps the bottom dwellers more than the toppers which is good for the game.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant

I knew the SA situation hence why I didn't choose any South African players for Q1, only Bedingham interested me but he was picked before I could feel comfortable finding a place for him .I don't expect any of the main Protea players to be released for Q2 though so that could backfire

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Thinking of this, the way Teuton has drafted the rules of this game is so good. 12-14 not getting points helps the bottom dwellers more than the toppers which is good for the game.
Bro how does Teuton work this out ?

Is it the first 11 players to get points that he only considers in a Q phase , or does he let every player score points and selects the 11 most point scoring players at the end of the Q phase for each team ?

Teuton

International Captain
Bro how does Teuton work this out ?

Is it the first 11 players to get points that he only considers in a Q phase , or does he let every player score points and selects the 11 most point scoring players at the end of the Q phase for each team ?
It's the 11 highest scorers for the quarter that count to your quarterly & final score. The spreadsheet formulas are designed to do this.

Teuton

International Captain
Out of nowhere, Nepal are playing Canada in an ODI today?!

I didn't know Canada had ODI status back.

Edit: 2 minutes of research tells me that they won back ODI status by defeating PNG late last year, who were demoted.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Out of nowhere, Nepal are playing Canada in an ODI today?!

I didn't know Canada had ODI status back.

Edit: 2 minutes of research tells me that they won back ODI status by defeating PNG late last year, who were demoted.
Wow, crazy stuff and it was quite a game by the looks of it, Nepal winning by 7 runs ..
Is there a limit to the number of associates you can choose in your squad ?

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Associate teams are really poorly marketed , there was no news about the Canada series at all on any popular websites then boom it just came outta nowhere ..Nepal could do with a good social media manager seeing how popular cricket is in their country.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Associate teams are really poorly marketed , there was no news about the Canada series at all on any popular websites then boom it just came outta nowhere ..Nepal could do with a good social media manager seeing how popular cricket is in their country.
Yeah, assuming they'd even want it, yer Neps would be my shout for next country to gain test status.

Obviously the ICC has designs on America, but Nepal already has a cricketing culture and (so Wiki informs me) the sport vies with football for the most popular in the country.

Obviously close proximity to India a huge leg up too.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, assuming they'd even want it, yer Neps would be my shout for next country to gain test status.

Obviously the ICC has designs on America, but Nepal already has a cricketing culture and (so Wiki informs me) the sport vies with football for the most popular in the country.

Obviously close proximity to India a huge leg up too.
There was a video of a Nepal vs another associate match last year where it was a full house stadium and people were watching the match from trees and top of buildings. Cricket is crazy there in Nepal. Their best player ever got jailed for 10 years for rape though, so not sure how good the team is now.