• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

DoG's Top 100 Test Batsmen Countdown Thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No matter how expected it is (when Bradman is involved in a batting stat), it always astonishes me when the gap between #1 and #2 is 100 points more than the gap between #2 and #100.
It’s astonishing isn’t it

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Quality points update.

Barrington 825
Hutton 813
Sutcliffe 811
Richards 794
Weekes 794
Hammond 787
Pollock 787
Kohli 780
Walcott 768
Headley 762
Nourse 762
Updated:

Bradman 1293
Hobbs 888
Smith 873
Barrington 825
Sobers 817
Hutton 813
Sutcliffe 811
Lara 796
Sangakkara 794
Richards 794
Weekes 794
Hammond 787
Pollock 787
Kohli 780
Walcott 768
Headley 762
Nourse 762
Tendulkar 759
Chappell 756
Gavaskar 754
Kallis 753
Ponting 750

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great effort DoGgo. Really enjoyed this and appreciate the time you would have put into it. Terrific effort.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Best sports athlete probably is Jahangir Khan who used to play Squash. IIRC, 500+ games without a loss.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
One could argue until the cows come home about differences between eras and qualities of bowling attacks etc. but the the difference between Bradman and the rest continues to astound no matter how you look at it.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
One could argue until the cows come home about differences between eras and qualities of bowling attacks etc. but the the difference between Bradman and the rest continues to astound no matter how you look at it.
It's scarcely believable. Like I've watched a lot of cricket and Lara, Tendulkar and Ponting have all looked great. Smith had come along and played at another level, unlike any of those guys. For Bradman to be so far ahead of Smith is something my mind cannot comprehend properly. It's like going from a country town to New York city. The scale just feels impossible.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Thanks for this whole journey DoG, once again it’s been a pleasure. Very pleased to see Hobbs up so high, in recent times my appreciation for him has vastly increased. Smith has been amazing so far and I can’t wait to see how the rest of his career plays out. Bradman is just.... Bradman. Ridiculous bastard.