• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you think Murali was a chucker?

Do you think Murali was a chucker?

• Total voters

AaronK

State Regular
Yes... because he took so many wickets against us.. our batsmans were a walking duck against him.. so he has to be a chucker. haha

in all seriousness.. never.. champion bowler.. champion player.. the best i have seen.. better than shane warne for me simply because he was alot more fun to watch :)

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
they could have said anybody. It's all derived from a quote by Angus Fraser;

however you are deliberately misquoting to try to push a barrow. your attempted ambiguation is both childish and disingenuous. It does nothing to further understanding or adult discussion and should be discouraged.

Bending the rules on chucking - Cricket - www.smh.com.au
Sorry, you smell of thick ****. McGrath and Pollock's names are mentioned because they were measured. If some others were measured and these two's name did appear, then they could have gone to the courts for defamation, and after half a decade, it has not happened. What ever your conspiracy theories are just in the dust bin. The FACT is McGrath and Pollock were measured at 12 degrees. Your attempts to twist technical English is just childish and moronic.

uvelocity

International Coach
Sorry, you smell of thick ****. McGrath and Pollock's names are mentioned because they were measured. If some others were measured and these two's name did appear, then they could have gone to the courts for defamation, and after half a decade, it has not happened. What ever your conspiracy theories are just in the dust bin. The FACT is McGrath and Pollock were measured at 12 degrees. Your attempts to twist technical English is just childish and moronic.
no, I'm done with you until you prove it.

You deliberately chopped off a quote, from which I've provided the origin, which doesn't back up what you are saying.

liar.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
no, I'm done with you until you prove it.

You deliberately chopped off a quote, from which I've provided the origin, which doesn't back up what you are saying.

liar.
Stop pouting out garbage, and I've even given the full article link to see. McGrath's and Pollock's names doesn't come out of arses of people unless their footage was tested. Even the players themselves not deny the fact. Stop these child's play bull****. Simple fact is McGrath and Pollock chucked under old law. If you cannot digest the fact without resorting to playing Shakspear with the words, it's not my problem.

And one more time liar accusation will have my self putting in aggressor's position. I don't give a **** about reporting posts and going after mods crying like a bitch.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Yur silly assumptions are out of YOUR own head. Go and educate yourself on relative clauses of English.

I know it shatters all the values you had, McGrath and Pollock CHUCKED under the old law

Fusion

Global Moderator
That would be enough, thanks. There will be infractions handed out for posts in this thread. Any more insults may lead to a ban.

intcricket

U19 12th Man
Murali is as much of a chucker, as Warnie is a doper. The difference however is that Murali is, was and always will be the better bowler.

The record speaks for itself. For all the barking, Warnie could not pick up 800 wickets in Tests.

But if you talk about leadership, Warnie is the better captain any day of the week.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
How did warne get involved?

This debate was settled years ago. Some people don't believe data - there's not much you can do about that and it's not going to be a matter of rational argument to convince them otherwise.

Also Warne was a better player....though neither would make my all time team. :p

uvelocity

International Coach
the links I posted show the results, not just the abstract.

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cricket-chat/57363-do-you-think-murali-chucker-9.html#post2881885

from your first link ->
We found that bowlers generally bowled within a change in elbow extension angle of 15.5 degrees. However, this limit was unable to differentiate groups of bowlers from those who were suspected of throwing in the past. Improved differentiation was attained using the elbow extension angular velocity at ball release. The elbow extension angular velocity at ball release may be conceptually more valid than the elbow extension angle in determining which bowlers use the velocity-contributing mechanisms of a throw. Also, a high value of elbow extension angular velocity at ball release may be related to the visual impression of throwing. Therefore, it is recommended that researchers and cricket legislators examine the feasibility of specifying a limit to the elbow extension angular velocity at ball release to determine bowling legality.