• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 7**

Ferd

U19 Vice-Captain
bad luck blacks

I cant believe i let three catches through after a relatively good season in the field

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
age_master said:
Pieterson than scored his 3rd or 4th century against us in their 2nd innings, i think he averages about 90 against us :(. Great bowling from Rose closed off their fightback.
Kevin Pieterson loves Green...

Scores against Green this season:

5D-
0 and 116 not out at the MCG
105 and 116 at Cairns
40 and 102 at Cairns
40 and 66 at the MCG

Overall 585 runs @ 83.57 with 4 hundreds (!) in 8 innings.
Against everyone else...
39.54 avge and 2 hundreds in 23 innings

OD-
89 (103) at Cairns
23 (35) at the MCG

25Smash-
71 (84) at the CW Oval
52 (56) at the CW Oval

The Greens can be thankful that they've seen the last of him in 5D, but still face him twice more in OD and twice in Smash.

Sudeep

International Captain
Brilliant, simply brilliant. We're the leaders now, yay! Well done boys. :)

Awesome game for yours truly as well, a 70 odd with the bat, and 7 wickets in the second innings with the ball. A second MotM in as many matches. All the hard work, and help from senior players, especially Halsey, and a few friendly chat sessions with Pickup are paying off. :p

David

International 12th Man
Unlucky not to get the win there fella's, clearly had them beaten, just ran out of time. Keep up the good work Red's.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Bugger!!!! BUGGGGGGGER!!!!! Can cricket get more frustrating than this... I mean can it possibly. So close to proving to everyone that we're the real deal again in CW and all we do is escape with draw points.

The game was basically won by us in our batting and lost for us in our battting. It might sound a bit harsh to jump on everybody's back here but to see some of our top line batsman scoring at about 1.5 and 2 an over when we're in this situation just baffles me. Sure the declaration by myself might not have been well thought out and I'm not trying to shift the blame but there was some pretty lethargic efforts at the crease. We have to increase the intensity esp[ecially when a win's on the cards like that.

The bowling was awesome again but it wasn't supported at all by our fielders. To have so many dropped catches and 4 by our keeper alone makes it very hard to get a win. Sure it should be a time for celebration cos there were so many great individual performances by the likes of Ghansar, Khan, Dave, Jagaways and Gibbs back amongst it at 5, but it doesn't matter. We shared points and that's not good enough.

Simon

the blues roll on, simply brilliant to over turn a first innings deficit like that. Great second innings batting display, good to see everyone contributed.....

masterblaster

International Captain
Very lucky to survive this one Blacks. As Neil said, practice, practice, practice. We cannot afford to give the season away on a platter to the Blues after all the hard work we have done.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Agree we gotta lift. And we have to bounce back tomorrow against. Australia A in the 1 Day. Then the next round of 5 day against England A is also a big match to determine if we are still up to the standard.

cbuts

International Debutant
well the equation for the 5d championship is quite simple. win every time the blues do, and beat them next we play them

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Disapointing we couldn't turn that into a win there boys. And yeah, Slats is right we should have pressed for the win, I think we have lost that ability to get ourselves in the mindset that we can win the game.

zghansar

School Boy/Girl Captain
IM sorry red teammates I take the responsibility for the 25smash loss, first I let them SMASH my bowling nd then when I had a chance to SMASH I didnt, It seems my performance could be the difference Im sorry would try to make up.
Gr8 batting performance by all in the 5d though

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
just came back from hols (and im about to leave again!) and its good to see how well we are doing! just the one loss from the last 8 games or something, keep it up.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I'm wondering why we didn't declare earlier - although it was probably better for me to get out, I was a liability with my scoring speed...

Sorry about the dropped catches...dunno what's going on in my head at the moment :(

Simon

Samuel_Vimes said:
I'm wondering why we didn't declare earlier - although it was probably better for me to get out, I was a liability with my scoring speed...

Sorry about the dropped catches...dunno what's going on in my head at the moment :(
i was wondering about the late declaration for u guys too, setting 451 to win and looks ike only giving urself half a day, a bit iffy....

Tom Halsey

International Coach
We're top dogs, now!

Sudeep, well bowled mate, pleasure bowling up the other end with you. Was happy with my 3 second innings wickets, but you stole the show with 7! :D

Well played Blues!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
zghansar said:
IM sorry red teammates I take the responsibility for the 25smash loss, first I let them SMASH my bowling nd then when I had a chance to SMASH I didnt, It seems my performance could be the difference Im sorry would try to make up.
As I said at the time, the number of times you've bailed us out, we have no problem with you having an off day.