• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 7**

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
broncoman said:
i was wondering about the late declaration for u guys too, setting 451 to win and looks ike only giving urself half a day, a bit iffy....
The unpredictable Dave is back in our attack, so we needed to be sure we had a big enough lead in case he was on one of his off days! ;)

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
The unpredictable Dave is back in our attack, so we needed to be sure we had a big enough lead in case he was on one of his off days! ;)
Christ im not that bad in 5Ders, only in 1D :P

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
THe way the Reds have stepped up in the recent week or so, I can quite easily believe it.
Well I guess you are on the red team so that it is easy for you to say that. We had been winning, and I don't like it when we lose, now matter how good or bad they are.

Craig

World Traveller
Tom Halsey said:
We're top dogs, now!

Sudeep, well bowled mate, pleasure bowling up the other end with you. Was happy with my 3 second innings wickets, but you stole the show with 7! :D

Well played Blues!
Great feeling isn't it? :D

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
chris.hinton said:
I should be given a run in the side, i am better then most

Then is used to give things a nominal order, for eg. I went to the shop, then I went to school.

Than is used to compare things, example - I am better than most.

Just thought you should know that before you go making rash statements.

Yasa

Cricket Spectator
i feel so unlucky, 8 catches! but the luck needs to change somehow, very happy with my batting performance once again but as i said before, bowling needs to improve as does some top order batting. I seem to like playing a bit of a Rahul Dravid role in the side. Makes me feel indispensable to the team and hope one-day I will provide with a match-winning innings. with either bat or bowl.

Yousuf_Youhana

U19 12th Man
well played Reds, and i think if we'd have declared early i woldn't have made my fifty

yeh I admit i'm worse than Athers when it comes to batting.

biased indian

International Coach
Green - 16- 7- 8- 1- 0- 225- 105

we only have one drawn game

if we have drawn a couple of those lost games it would have been all different
table :cool:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yousuf_Youhana said:
well played Reds, and i think if we'd have declared early i woldn't have made my fifty

yeh I admit i'm worse than Athers when it comes to batting.
The reason the declaration took so long is...

1/ The Blacks are a formidable team even in a seemingly weakened state and could have chased 350 odd at 4+ per over on a pitch that was holding up well.
2/ Most of the 450odd run-lead came in the last few overs when Zaid Ghansar and Imran Khan Jr. accelerated. The real slow scoring came earlier on, although I tried my best to accelerate the scoring then, it just didn't happen.

Mr Mxyzptlk

chris.hinton said:
I should be given a run in the side, i am better then most
Chris Hinton FC
13.94 Batting
36.18 Bowling

Chris Hinton OD
13.22 Batting
28.22 Bowling

Your stats are decent, but not as spectacular as you seem to think. You're about on par with your team-mates at least. That said, you're a very handy OD bowler who's average was down around 24 before last season.

Fear not, you'll play as many games as possible with all things considered.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Note that the team that finishes atop the 5D table will be declared 5D champions BUT the top two teams will have a playoff for the Manuel Ramprakash Challenge Trophy. The reasoning behind this is simple. A 5D title should not be won in one game, but rather over the course of a season. A trophy, however, can be the prize of a grand event such as a final.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Note that the team that finishes atop the 5D table will be declared 5D champions BUT the top two teams will have a playoff for the Manuel Ramprakash Challenge Trophy. The reasoning behind this is simple. A 5D title should not be won in one game, but rather over the course of a season. A trophy, however, can be the prize of a grand event such as a final.
So the Reds will win 2 5D things this season, then? :p