• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Declining batting orders making rookies look good?

WindieWeathers

International Regular
You guys can't even play spin anyway, so stop worrying about Pakistan's future prospects and start worrying about your own.

As I have said, Pakistan is never really short of talent.
Nah, i think the time i'd start worrying is if Pakistan were to beat us in a test series at home!! :D ,

I wasn't saying one team is better than the other, just asking how Pak is gonna replace their veterans that's all, i was a huge fan of Ammir and i still think he's the best young bowler in the game today despite the emergance of others, i hope when the dust settles he's given a chance to come back.

Flem274*

123/5
The stigma will always hang over him. No captain, coach or selector wants to work with someone who might be actively working against you.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
With the others Flem i agree, but i get the feeling there's a lot of people out there who feel a little sorry for the kid and would be prepard to give him a chance if he chose to come back, because although he done wrong, there's no question he adds so much to the game, for me he's the most exciting pacer in the world today, a lot of people were raving about Cummins's debut but Amir was doing that aged 17, and was totally ripping England and Aus apart at 18, i don't think we'll see a teenager have thought sort of impact for a long time.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ireland would have knocked the West Indies out of the World Cup had it not been for Wilson being given out by a prank third umpire.

Just sayin.

Flem274*

123/5
With the others Flem i agree, but i get the feeling there's a lot of people out there who feel a little sorry for the kid and would be prepard to give him a chance if he chose to come back, because although he done wrong, there's no question he adds so much to the game, for me he's the most exciting pacer in the world today, a lot of people were raving about Cummins's debut but Amir was doing that aged 17, and was totally ripping England and Aus apart at 18, i don't think we'll see a teenager have thought sort of impact for a long time.
Amir was okayish at 17, but iirc all his big days came at 18 which is the same age as Cummins I think.

In any case, I'm sure plently of people outside the team might feel sorry for him, but people whose careers depend on the success of the side won't be so trusting I suspect.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Amir was okayish at 17, but iirc all his big days came at 18 which is the same age as Cummins I think.

In any case, I'm sure plently of people outside the team might feel sorry for him, but people whose careers depend on the success of the side won't be so trusting I suspect.
He had future star written all over him at 17.Even if he didn't shine till 18.

Last edited:

MrPrez

International Debutant
Everyone get in!

Dean Elgar to score 10000 + runs at 56.46
Quinton de Kock to score 13000+ runs at 59.21 and take 550 dismissals.
Marchant de Lange to take 450 wickets at 23.75
Vernon Philander to take 420 wickets at 21.53

Oh, and Jacques Kallis to play until he's 44 just to beat Tendulkar's record for the total Test runs.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Ireland would have knocked the West Indies out of the World Cup had it not been for Wilson being given out by a prank third umpire.

Just sayin.
Was the on field umpire. Information was relayed back to Ashocker that Wilson was hit outside the line, and despite asking whether it was pad or bat first Ashocker somehow came to the conclusion that he wasn't playing a shot.