• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Debut Chronology Draft - Tests

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I quit. I hate that our first pick is determined by something as random as whether you're free at a certain time of day.

Randomness I can handle but this just annoys me, especially since it already started once and now I can't even get the player I "got" then.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
  • Fuller Pilch - WG Grace (1880-09-06)
  • trundler - Clem Hill (1896-06-22)
  • Pothas - Ranji (1896-08-16)
  • ataraxia - Monty Noble (1 Jan 1898)
  • mr_mister - Victor Trumper (1899-06-01)
  • JOJOXI - Sydney Barnes (1901-12-13)
  • Honestbharani - Aubrey Faulkner (1906-01-02)
  • Teuton - Jack Hobbs (1908-01-01)
  • srbhbkshk - Herbert Sutcliffe (1924-06-14)
  • ankitj - Clarrie Grimmett (1925-02-27)
  • KingKallis - Bill O'Reilly (1932-01-29)
  • Michaelf7777777 - Keith Miller (1946-03-29)
  • Weeman27bob - Garry Sobers (1954-03-30)

@AndrewB to finish the opening round (anyone else signed up?)

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I quit. I hate that our first pick is determined by something as random as whether you're free at a certain time of day.

Randomness I can handle but this just annoys me, especially since it already started once and now I can't even get the player I "got" then.
You can easily pick a very good player to give you a competitive position still.

stephen

Thanks guys I appreciate the offer but my heart just isn't in it. I've probably done a bit much drafting in the last couple of weeks. I've had a ridiculously exhausting day today and finding out that I have to figure out someone else just makes it feel like work instead of fun.

But I don't want to ruin anyone else's fun at all. This is 99% me and 1% the rules.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Also, I tried finding a reasonable middle ground between all time zones to avoid the massive head start an early pick gives you when there's a massive pool of drafters. Literally just got home myself.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Also, I tried finding a reasonable middle ground between all time zones to avoid the massive head start an early pick gives you when there's a massive pool of drafters. Literally just got home myself.
With Stephen out, I count only 14 drafters. Was there anyone else?

mr_mister

while looking at debut dates and stuff I noticed today Victor Trumper's debut test was WG Grace's final one. Pretty cool

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
while looking at debut dates and stuff I noticed today Victor Trumper's debut test was WG Grace's final one. Pretty cool
That's part of cricket folklore isn't it? The whole Grace giving him his bat and saying "from the champion of yesterday to the champion of tomorrow".. or something along those lines.

mr_mister

Funny, I never knew. For some reason I thought Grace's test career ended long before that.