• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Debate thread for 2024 ranking of bowlers poll

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Neither have Anderson or Ashwin done anything really different to justify increasing their rankings since last time. But because Anderson doesn't have a hype brigade behind him, we are able to analyse him more objectively.
Why are you making every post as you vs Ashwin/Jadeja supporters? Every thread has peaceful discussions until you barge in with your Ashwin/Jadeja attacks.

subshakerz

International Coach
Why are you making every post as you vs Ashwin/Jadeja supporters? Every thread has peaceful discussions until you barge in with your Ashwin/Jadeja attacks.
I was quoting an opinion of an existing post, not just bringing Ashwin in myself.

You don't seem to mind HB commenting about me for no reason, apparently that is peaceful, but at least I keep things on topic.

capt_Luffy

International Debutant
I was quoting an opinion of an existing post, not just bringing Ashwin in myself.

You don't seem to mind HB commenting about me for no reason, apparently that is peaceful, but at least I keep things on topic.
That is because he doesn't comment without you starting the Ashwin/Jadeja abuse first to troll and attack Indian posters. The mods happily ignore your troll posts too.
Let's let Ashwin go for now; I am really worn out with these Ashwin/Jadeja debates that goes nowhere.

subshakerz

International Coach
That is because he doesn't comment without you starting the Ashwin/Jadeja abuse first to troll and attack Indian posters. The mods happily ignore your troll posts too.
That wasn't the case last time. I was commenting on Bumrah when he asked to censor me.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Nor were there as many minnows/developing nations to boost these "nice clean averages". Bradman played over 70% of his Tests in Ashes series where he averaged a shade under 90.
SA was that era's minnows though.

I mean, this is a terrible example for my point of Stat inflation, because we're talking about Bradman, but the overall point is, every Era had a "minnow" or two.

shortpitched713

International Captain
also England
Still minnows, for mine. Just look at the Test rankings. Poor sods still haven't even figured out how to bowl their overs in time.

The Test nations should remain patient with them though, regardless of how hopeless such an undisciplined lot may seem.

howitzer

State Vice-Captain
Marshall is amazing at both.
Hadlee has the disadvantage of playing a lot more outside his best decade and a bit though. From the beginning of the tour of England in 1978 up to the end of his career he struck at 48.4 with an economy of 2.46. Given he didn't miss many Tests over that time that's basically a full career for most ATGs.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Economy rate can often be overlooked when considering the roles played. Examples are Verity who was asked to play a containing role during bodyline and Gibbs while supporting W.I. quicks. To an extent Lyon does this in first innings.