• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Debate thread for 2024 ranking of bowlers poll

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
While I can understand the interest in discussing the 2024 Bowling poll I am conducting, I would respectfully request that, as is the case up to now, that these discussions/debates are restricted to players currently voted into the places decided.

subshakerz

International Coach
While I can understand the interest in discussing the 2024 Bowling poll I am conducting, I would respectfully request that, as is the case up to now, that these discussions/debates are restricted to players currently voted into the places decided.
That's not fun.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Someone had mentioned there was an argument for Wasim to be seen as the best ever, I'll be interested in continuing that argument. Note I didn't say among the best, which he clearly was, but even among that top 4 or 5, what's the argument?

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Someone had mentioned there was an argument for Wasim to be seen as the best ever, I'll be interested in continuing that argument. Note I didn't say among the best, which he clearly was, but even among that top 4 or 5, what's the argument?
Peer rating. Plus he was “more skilled” than any other bowler.

Unfortunately for him, being more skilled didn’t quite bring the results you’d hope for.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
He was way better to watch than McGrath, by no metric was he as good, far less better.

And I do acknowledge he played longer than most and his fielding support was down right horrible and that helps push him back up and higher than his stats would indicate.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's rated highly because a majority of his peers, his fellow great pacers and the great batsmen of his era all rated him as the best/most complete/most skillful whatever word you want to use. Peer opinion isn't everything, it also shouldn't be completely dismissed.

Socerer 01

International Captain
skill