• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dear Cricketweb,

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The fact so many of your partners are already expressing their disdain for cricket means women are becoming less and less sneaky.

My experiece from single days-of-yore is that they would convincingly feign interest in cricket until you were married, then not be seen at a game ever again.

_Ed_

Yeah I thought that was interesting too. Most of the girls I've known have had fluctuating ages. Could be quite confusing, especially when it came to birthdays. Having a girlfriend/fiancee who remains the same age must be quite advantageous.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Caught my girlfriend reading the rules of cricket today after I told her I made this thread. How many members have partners who take an interest in the game?

Zinzan

Ah, as I suspected. That's what you get for dating girls so close to your age.

My fiancee, incidentally, is and has been all the 12 years I've known her, over 7 months younger than me. A much more sensible gap.
Ok Richard, couple of paces forward.....thats it, right there....................:blowup:

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
My fiancee, incidentally, is and has been all the 12 years I've known her, over 7 months younger than me. A much more sensible gap.

Mate of mine's also engaged to a girl who shares his birthday. Isn't that the weird height of weird?
You sir are a ****

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No wonder he hates Plunkett. Broke his nose.
Nah if he was good I'd still consider him good.

I don't hate him BTW - he was highly apologetic for it, though it obviously wasn't his fault in the slightest.

BTW - guess lots of people have missed the jest in this post... again. :laugh:

andmark

International Captain
She doesn't even fancy him though, its because he's a solid all rounder. :wacko: If it had to be a pom I could understand Flintoff but Collingwood? And not for his fielding? What is wrong with the common conception of quality in the modern game of cricket?

And she's my age Rich, a month younger.
Yeah Colly's fielding is one of the greatest skills someone has had in all of cricket.

What's wrong about her liking Paul Collingwood?

Uppercut

Caught my girlfriend reading the rules of cricket today after I told her I made this thread. How many members have partners who take an interest in the game?
:laugh: Did she try to rush it under the bed covers like a 13 year old boy caught reading a playboy?

Zinzan

Dear Athers,

How are things? Hope the rash has cleared away.

There seems a simple solution to your knotty problem: I'd simply point out that, even as her hero takes guard, there's every chance some unattractively copper-toned pubes are protruding from Master Collingwood's box. I'm fairly sure that should do the trick, although I'd recommend having a bucket or similar receptacle to hand for the vomitus if she has a weak constitution.

Hugs,

Brumby
pp CW
:laugh: Just noticed this