• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dear Cricketweb,

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nope. He bowled, I attempted to wicketkeep, I failed to wicketkeep.

Could've been much worse mind. Much worse.

One and only time I EVER tried keeping wicket in my life.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Nope. He bowled, I attempted to wicketkeep, I failed to wicketkeep.

Could've been much worse mind. Much worse.

One and only time I EVER tried keeping wicket in my life.
The head trauma experienced explains a lot too. ;) :laugh:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:laugh: Fair call. But really how do you get your lady friends to sit down and watch the cricket with you? And actually know what the bloody hells going on?
My "lady friend" loves cricket as much as I do, has played cricket and also enjoys watching cricket. As she's English, she particularly likes English cricketers and also has a fondness for the Collingwood. Certainly over who she calls "Ratty" (Ian Bell). Recently, she has developed an admiration for Daniel Vettori.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Must be quite a bonus to date some girl who actually likes cricket. Cannot remotely imagine what it's like.

None of my girlfriends have ever cared for it in the slightest.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Must be quite a bonus to date some girl who actually likes cricket. Cannot remotely imagine what it's like.

Me neither. It's not just the usual girls not liking sport thing. Cricket is held by most people in Belfast in a sort of contempt. I work in a bar, and earlier today someone requested of another member of staff that she put on the cricket. "Test Cricket?" she replied, "Who the f**k watches that?!". I slunk away quietly.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Same. The present one absolutely detests it, as she does most sports actually.

Son Of Coco

This thread is designed for any member who wants to pick the brains of the Cricketweb community on any cricketing matter. My question in particular being...

Dear Cricketweb, today my girlfriend said that her favorite player was Paul "le ginge" Collingwood. Being a Kiwi fan I'm all lost at sea at how to approach this, what should I do? I've tried telling her how he's English, and how Jeetan Patel is awesome but she remains a Colly fan.

What should I do?

Love,
Athers

Dye your hair red and indulge in poor dental hygiene and you should be reaping the rewards within the week.

Son Of Coco

Ah, as I suspected. That's what you get for dating girls so close to your age.

My fiancee, incidentally, is and has been all the 12 years I've known her, over 7 months younger than me. A much more sensible gap.

Mate of mine's also engaged to a girl who shares his birthday. Isn't that the weird height of weird?

In its own way though I suppose it's kinda awesome too.
:laugh: