• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

David Warner Smashes Wigless Joe Root

TNT

Banned
If Warner's reaction to defeat and being made a chump on the field is to smack a member of the opposition later that day then he'll be a champion boxer by the end of the tour.
And if Root is going to be a smartarse everytime England win he will end up like most poms with no teeth.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
good hes a dud anyway.
And apparently punches as well as he bats, someone posted earlier they saw England training this morning and Root doesn't have a mark on him.

Oh and TNT. This from the Manager of the Walkabout

John Creighton, manager of the Walkabout bar in Birmingham, said: "None of the group seemed to have been drinking to excess and just seemed to be having a good time. There was a small altercation between Warner and Root.

"This was dealt with very amicably and quickly by the rest of the group and both were calmly chatting to each other shortly afterwards. They all left a short while later and a small bar tab was picked up by David Warner.
Doesn't sound to me like Root was running off to "dibberdob" to anyone. The trouble with your ridiculous comments is that you are basing it all on assumptions, the rest of us are just going on what has been reported.

uvelocity

International Coach
And apparently punches as well as he bats, someone posted earlier they saw England training this morning and Root doesn't have a mark on him.

Doesn't sound to me like Root was running off to "dibberdob" to anyone. The trouble with your ridiculous comments is that you are basing it all on assumptions, the rest of us are just going on what has been reported.
sounds like a nothing. has root made a complaint?

TNT

Banned

Only trouble with that is Root should have come out and said there is nothing to it. That to me implies he has gone off crying to the ECB.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not that I've heard, apparently he accepted Warnerflogs apology.

Could even have been an Aussie player there that reported it for all we know.
To be honest these days it was always likely to get out. Seems bizarre Root is getting stick for being a cry baby when he was the one who got punched for no reason.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And if Root is going to be a smartarse everytime England win he will end up like most poms with no teeth.
Well at least you acknowledge England will be thrashing you sorry lot consistently. Mind you you'd have to be as thick as David Warner not to realise that, old chap.

uvelocity

International Coach
Not that I've heard, apparently he accepted Warnerflogs apology.

Could even have been an Aussie player there that reported it for all we know.
nah those journo flogs would be following them everywhere ready for something to paste over the papers

To be honest these days it was always likely to get out. Seems bizarre Root is getting stick for being a cry baby when he was the one who got punched for no reason.
he had a wig for a beard!

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Only trouble with that is Root should have come out and said there is nothing to it. That to me implies he has gone off crying to the ECB.
I really want to start harassing you constantly over the forum until the moderators put me in line, then I can constantly mock you for "crying off to the moderators".

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
For all those saying Root grassed on Warner they should think on. It must have been Watson just so he can get his opening spot back.

TNT

Banned
I really want to start harassing you constantly over the forum until the moderators put me in line, then I can constantly mock you for "crying off to the moderators".
Well just dont wear a wig for a beard and we will get on just fine.