• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

David Warner Smashes Wigless Joe Root

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
This thread is making India and Pakistan YouTube comments look like light banter. I don't remember it being this poor in here during previous Ashes series.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Malcolm Conn on TMS just now says Warner should be sent home to make an example of him as Symonds should have been in 2005. Not that he has an axe to grind or anything.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Unprovoked!? Joe Root is 1) English, 2) English, and 3) Looks like a young Liesel Jones. If that's not provocation to cop a punch in the head then I don't know what is.

I'd also like to make the point that often foreigners are asked to assimilate when they are in a foreign country. If getting pissed and then punching a random stranger in the head isn't assimilating into English pub culture then I for one don't know what more young Davey Warner can do to prove himself.

Spikey

Honestly I think they will have trouble striking the right punishment. Removing him from the Ashes before they've even joined together as a group and started preparing is a bit drastic....but there's only one game left in this camp.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
This thread is making India and Pakistan YouTube comments look like light banter. I don't remember it being this poor in here during previous Ashes series.
Crikeys, and heres me thinking how friendly everyone is here........it's only banter from where I'm sitting.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think we should all be in awe of David Warner. Must be one of the first blokes in the history of the world to knock back a certain Root at 2am.

Burgey

They'll just need to see what any hearing reveals. Because he's accused of violence, if it turns out he's had a swing after some banter, then IMO he should be sent home. If there's something else that mitigates what he did, then they might stand him down for the balance of the CT.

Bailey or Doolan to replace him if he goes.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Honestly I think they will have trouble striking the right punishment. Removing him from the Ashes before they've even joined together as a group and started preparing is a bit drastic....but there's only one game left in this camp.
I think we need the whole story to come out first, on the face of it it sounds pretty bad but it could just be a storm in a teacup too. If he really did just plant one on Roots face for absolutely no reason whatsoever........I dunno, I reckon it could be permanent ban. You really can't be doing that ****.

flibbertyjibber

They'll just need to see what any hearing reveals. Because he's accused of violence, if it turns out he's had a swing after some banter, then IMO he should be sent home. If there's something else that mitigates what he did, then they might stand him down for the balance of the CT.

Bailey or Doolan to replace him if he goes.
Would think Bailey seeing as he in a bit of form. Might keep him on anyway if Clarke is a doubt.