• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Charity Series (End of Season 9)

Loony BoB

International Captain
Dizzy #4 said:
keeping XI? I bag the gloves! if not, I bag opening bowler!
Nobody will be 'bagging' anything, it will be entirely up to the captain of each team. :p If there is a keeping XI, my best guess would be that Vimes would be offered captaincy... not sure though, right now only four or five keepers have even signed up.

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
remember, the colts have 3, plus 2 keepers from the remaining 4 teams. 3+8=11, every keeper will play but only one shall get the gloves, and I'll bag opening bowl if I don't get gloves!

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Dizzy #4 said:
remember, the colts have 3, plus 2 keepers from the remaining 4 teams. 3+8=11, every keeper will play but only one shall get the gloves, and I'll bag opening bowl if I don't get gloves!
I don't think the 2nd keeper from the Greens is active...

Loony BoB

International Captain
I'm sure Garven will make all aware that he has kept in games for the winning team on a few occasions, too. :p

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm, a keeping XI (OD, I'm presuming) would look something like this, IMO, based purely on Season 9 OD Stats.

AP Chaulk
A Crampton
AJ Garven
JR Gray
S Jasotharan
A Lezama
PE Young
D Jellett
DY Dubb-Lynch
SJ Burke
H Moerk*

cricketboy29

International Regular
is that in any particular order, jamee? :p , and oh, btw, i would like to play in any charity matches, if i'm selected

Loony BoB

International Captain
Jamee999 said:
Hmm, a keeping XI (OD, I'm presuming) would look something like this, IMO, based purely on Season 9 OD Stats.

AP Chaulk
A Crampton
AJ Garven
JR Gray
S Jasotharan
A Lezama
PE Young
D Jellett
DY Dubb-Lynch
SJ Burke
H Moerk*
As Mamesh signed up as Keeper and, to my knowledge, Garven didn't, I'd probably put in Mamesh ahead of Garven. Mamesh has been talking about his keeping ability since he joined. :D

As for bowling, I don't think it's fair to give an order, I'd just bowl all of them like has been done in past charity matches. And again, if something does go ahead, the bowling would inevitably go down to the captain of a side. :) Let's not get ahead of ourselves!