• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Charity Series (End of Season 9)

Blaze

Banned
new_age_ar said:
I guess you English skills must have reduced in your old age :p

I haven't typed anything in Tamil mate. :)

You are wrong, be quiet before you make it any worse buddy.

dinu23

International Debutant
new_age_ar said:
I understand you old farts were rookies then, but you aren't now so if you want a team it has to be called 'Season 9 2nd Year Wonders,' nothing more, nothing less. You understand or am i talking to the ear thats deaf, let me repeat on the other side. :p
why the hell can't we call ourselves season 8 rookies if we were the season 8 rookies.

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Blaze said:
You are wrong, be quiet before you make it any worse buddy.
If you debuted in Season 8, your a 2nd year wonder, how am i wrong there?

The whole old fart/rookie think is just a joke and im sure Rob knows that. :)

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
dinu23 said:
why the hell can't we call ourselves season 8 rookies if we were the season 8 rookies
Robertinho said:
If you debuted in Season 8, you're a season 8 rookie, how am I wrong there? ;)
LOL, you guys love living in past, its Season 9 not Season 8.

If you want to live in the past then call yourself the Season 8 'rookies', but if you want to come back to the present where the rest of us our, then your the 'Season 9 2nd Year Wonders'. ;)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
This is the strangest argument I have seen on CW in a long time. See... Kennett was a season 1 rookie. Patrick was (I think) a season 6 rookie. I was a season 8 rookie, and Jasotharan is a season 9 rookie.

Make sense? I think it does. The point of a season 8 rookies team would be that it would be an interesting comparison to the older players in a charity match. We already know how the season 9 rookies would go, because they had the Colts.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I'm available :) I'll do anything for charity. Except drop my pants. I'll do that for free!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Robertinho said:
That's the whole point. last year, my demon off spinners snared the highly prestigious wicket of Nath Patrick.. :D
How embarrassment...

I`m definately available, especially if it`s for the Earthquake appeal. Poor buggers. I reckon I`ll get injured this series though, it has been too long... :cool:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Nnanden said:
How embarrassment...

I`m definately available, especially if it`s for the Earthquake appeal. Poor buggers. I reckon I`ll get injured this series though, it has been too long... :cool:
Indeed indeed..

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Oi, my mate started it, so I`m carrying on tradition until it`s commonplace.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Loony BoB said:
Andrew Garven has been invited to take on the job of CW Batting XI Captain, having made the squad for the first season. Should he accept, he will be the first CW Dev League Captain to captain the CW Batting XI

it would be an honour :)