• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Charity Series (End of Season 9)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Im available if there is any matches after the bat v bowl game. Hopefully we can raise a lot of money for the charity of choice. Hopefully i can get a game as opening batsmen :)

Majin

International Debutant
Sure, I'm into it. I'm also up for being an extremely dodgy umpire in one of these matches if there is no place in any of the squads for me. :cool:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Hey Burpey, look, only supercool people such as A, B, C, D get their own invitational XIs. Neither you nor I will get one :(

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Robertinho said:
Hey Burpey, look, only supercool people such as A, B, C, D get their own invitational XIs. Neither you nor I will get one :(
It'a cruel world, isn't it? But if you guys want to reject the oppurtunity to play for the Xtreme XI, it's your loss.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Robertinho said:
Possible team? I might have missed out on some Season 8 rookies though

A. Lezama
A. Blackman
R.J. Dauth
G.K.K. Dobson
*S.E. Fuller
M.W. Wilson
+D.Y. Dubb-Lynch
B.C. Cunningham
C.P. Thompson
N.A. Borcich
T.V. Weber

12th man: T.J. Demeza
Kenny signed up in Season 7, so bang goes that particular XI

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
A. Lezama
A. Blackman
R.J. Dauth
J.E. Stedman
*S.E. Fuller
M.W. Wilson
+D.Y. Dubb-Lynch
B.C. Cunningham
C.P. Thompson
N.A. Borcich
T.V. Weber

12th man: T.J. Demeza

;)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Eleven keepers, eleven opening batsmen, eleven fast bowlers, eleven spinners. It'd be great...

I particularly enjoy my memories of opening with Nath Patrick, and then attempting to keep wicket...

Loony BoB

International Captain
Right now it all depends on who makes themselves available. If we get enough people, we may well end up having a series which will probably take up most of the days available as it is, along with the Bat v Bowl OD & FC match on other days, as well as the CW Bar match on another day... that's three days for the special matches and about four days for the series... that's a week as it is!

I don't think we'll be having a "Season 8 Rookie" team playing any games. Season 8 is over. I don't think that game would appeal to people aside from the season 8 rookies, and without the appeal, the charity suffers.

Neil's idea is something Dan and I had talked about along similar lines - a keeping team had been mentioned. If we get enough involved, Neil's idea may just come about, although it might be a bit tough to find eleven keepers AND eleven openers (ie for different teams).

EDIT: So far I have 40 players confirmed available, one confirmed unavailable and that means there are about 44 uncomfirmed... one could say that this may end up being a nice preview for the old post-to-confirm-activity thread. :p

Last edited: