• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Battrick Cup (season 13)

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
1. Withington Wonderers*/Mahindinho/Mahindinho
2. Central Districts*/Keggorz/dontcloseyoureyes
3. Magical Ponies/andyc/andyc
4. Jaffna Jets/chaminda_00/chaminda_00
5. Cymru Gurgitators/trevor_vayro??
6. Connells Estates CC*/heathdavisspeed/HeathDavisSpeed
7. Tawonga Tigers/geg/NZTailender
8. Alternative XI /Alternative /Alternative
9. Killers CC/Jakester1288/Jakester1288
10. Coco's Nuts/sonofcoco/Son of Coco

Got nothing else happening this season. 2 decent teams in FC and two in OD.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Pretty sure the main changes to PFL have been BT20 having extra hits. And bowlers in FC gaving more hit for long spells. You should be able to manage FC, if you don't bowl your main bowlers for long spells.
I have a superb/remarkable captain, have my bowlers set to 6 over spells, and my opening bowlers always push 10 overs per spell, often wicketless.

The game is ****ed in the head and they refuse to see it.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I have a superb/remarkable captain, have my bowlers set to 6 over spells, and my opening bowlers always push 10 overs per spell, often wicketless.

Yeah the max over spell thing is is pretty pointless, if the bowlers keep it tight or take wickets. But I thought as long as they don't bowl more then 10 over spells, they should be sweet. But I guess it depends on how many overs they bowl in total as well. I don't know I gave trying keep my players at sublime fitness. It stupid, if they take any wickets or score runs, there ****ed fitness wise.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain

I set mine similarly, usually with max RR set to 4.5-5, and rarely see anyone bowling 10 overs in a row. Here's are my opening spells for today:

Gibb 7-2-20-0 (orders 6-4-5)
Baba 7-2-25-0 (6-4-5)
Brooker 2-0-19-0 (6-4-5)
Buckley 8-3-15-0 (7-5-5)
John 7-1-24-0 (still going; orders 6-4-5)

That's spot on if you ask me.

Seriously, I've never noticed my bowlers being bowled into the ground, but I always set pretty low RRs for them. Or perhaps it's just luck?

I like the PFL changes, as it makes the game more challenging and really ****s off the superstar-reliant teams. It also gives scope for effectively GFIing your FC games, by resting players before them. It's moving towards a system where energetic/invig is the standard PFL level, rather than sublime.

Update: Sure enough, John's just been taken off.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I set mine similarly, usually with max RR set to 4.5-5, and rarely see anyone bowling 10 overs in a row. Here's are my opening spells for today:

Gibb 7-2-20-0 (orders 6-4-5)
Baba 7-2-25-0 (6-4-5)
Brooker 2-0-19-0 (6-4-5)
Buckley 8-3-15-0 (7-5-5)
John 7-1-24-0 (still going; orders 6-4-5)

That's spot on if you ask me.

Seriously, I've never noticed my bowlers being bowled into the ground, but I always set pretty low RRs for them. Or perhaps it's just luck?

I like the PFL changes, as it makes the game more challenging and really ****s off the superstar-reliant teams. It also gives scope for effectively GFIing your FC games, by resting players before them. It's moving towards a system where energetic/invig is the standard PFL level, rather than sublime.

Update: Sure enough, John's just been taken off.
Well if your bowlers are working well then everything's fine then.

False alarm guys.

Jakester1288

International Regular
I'm in the one of PC now, so if they collide then I can't do this, but if they are done at seperate times, I'd be happy to stay in this as well.

DCC_legend

International Regular
11. Dee Crew/mcnamara/DCC_Legend

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
12. Leverock CC/Matteh/Matteh

nibbs

International Captain
12. Leverock CC/Matteh/Matteh
13. ASC Whenuapai/nibbs/nibbs

the pfl system is a load of crap imo. essentially it suggests that 17yos enter the cricketing world, fat and unfit. this means that they spend their teenage years toiling with fitness and skill training. whilst fitness always helps, fitness isn't that essential in cricket especially compared to other sports like middle distance running, for instance. i once tried to convey this argument in the suggestions forum to a muted response of people unable to see logic. very disappointing.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
the pfl system is a load of crap imo. essentially it suggests that 17yos enter the cricketing world, fat and unfit. this means that they spend their teenage years toiling with fitness and skill training. whilst fitness always helps, fitness isn't that essential in cricket especially compared to other sports like middle distance running, for instance. i once tried to convey this argument in the suggestions forum to a muted response of people unable to see logic. very disappointing.
The Battrick hierarchy is way too rigid, it needs to evolve way more. Having an incompetent programmer running things doesn't help.

nibbs

International Captain
The Battrick hierarchy is way too rigid, it needs to evolve way more. Having an incompetent programmer running things doesn't help.
hattrick has a system where stamina training always is a certain percentage of your sides training each week with the minimum set at 5%. this is a system that battrick should introduce. its far more realistic. the current system suggests that the average battrick cricketer is a fat lazy individual like fat inzamam ul huq..

nibbs

International Captain
13 starters then.

i propose 4 groups of 3. a playoff between Killers CC and the side who'd have been seeded 12th for the final spot.

Jakester1288

International Regular
13 starters then.

i propose 4 groups of 3. a playoff between Killers CC and the side who'd have been seeded 12th for the final spot.
When will this be played?

Tomorrow I'm free, the next 2 are part of the PC Cup, then if I make the finals, which I doubt, I couldn't be busy for 5 more friendlies.