• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketweb's great disappearing act....

Status
Not open for further replies.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
lol.. if only India showed half the fight Bun did.. :p

But if England being #1 means GIMH posting more sensibly, that can only be a good thing. :)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
My posting won't change, just that when I say we are the best it won't be followed by laughter and derision

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Awww, don't take it too personally, I'll let you off in this occasion :tongue:

Nah, It's actually a legitimate question/observation, you're just being a precious princess in the same way you've always been whenever I've suggested India's Test side isn't that great in the recent past :cool:
I have never denied your right to criticise the Indian cricket team. I have just disagreed.

But you're honestly going to compare a legitimate cricket opinion of discussing whether the Indian team is good or not to having a direct crack at Indian fans on CW? You're not even just discussing Indian cricket fans in general. You've picked out a specific group of fans on CW, said they are frontrunners, and you think its worthy of a discussion in Cricket Chat. Incredible.

I find it unbelievable that the mods think this is a thread worth keeping open. Surely the line comparing Australian CW members to Indian CW members at the end of zinzan's post showed the intentions of this thread.
even though I was defending zinzan's own absence to honestbharani only a few days ago.
This irony of this did not escape me when I read the thread.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I've decreased activity here for sure, and it's probably a direct result of India losing. I post in the match thread only while I'm watching the match itself and I did that for the first match or two. After that I got sick of watching us bowl ****, so naturally I stopped posting here as well. But whenever I saw that someone was bowling/batting really well, be it an Indian or Englishman, I would load up the stream immediately. Examples would be Cook in the third test, and Bell in the second and fourth, Broad on numerous occasions, Swann yesterday, bits of PK, Mishra's batting and obviously Rahul ****ing Dravid.

So to sum it up, I'll admit I may be a bit of a fair weather fan, but I don't see what's wrong with it. I don't think most of the Indian team would even want their fans watching them the way they've played this series. Obviously I'll always want them to do well and in that manner support them, but I don't want to sit in front of my laptop for hours watching them disgrace themselves playing terrible cricket.
Completely and utterly fair enough. I fail to see why it's some kind of criminal offence to post a bit less on a cricket website when your team is being heavily beaten.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Inclined to agree. I have no time however for people who will talk smack then disappear when it goes wrong.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Neither do I. But its hardly fair calling 95% of Indian posters on CW that, and its definitely a bit silly to make a thread saying so.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Have to agree somewhat with what Jono is saying.The way the thread was created and specially the title and some of the wording of the first post and comparisons was slightly odd considering largely it didn't happen and the English and Australian fans were more in number in anycase in the Ashes.
To categorize a group of fans and say 95% dissapeared only because of a hammering is over the top and specially starting a new thread about it with a title such as "great disappearing act". Thankfully the thread didn't derail though and the first few posts were more balanced:p

Last edited:

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Yeah, agree with the rest that Bun was Gun, whilst arguing with GIMH, who has been an ass ever since England have won (although he was an ass before as well).

smash84

The Tiger King
haha........it seems that way.........Bun's absence is really being felt now that he has been banned :laugh:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
CW has possibly sunk to its lowest depths when Bun is referred to in a positive light

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
I can see this thread is starting to stray onto the train tracks, and I'd like to take it out at the knees for once rather than clean up a trainwreck. The question in the OP has been answered, time to move on. Closed until further notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.