• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CricketWeb turns 20 next month

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
James, thanks for inviting me to deliver the keynote address at the upcoming celebrations. I accept your kind offer.

I'd be grateful if you'd confirm our previous discussions that the time for the speech is limited to 45 minutes and that any references to posters singled out in it will not incur a ban, given the speech itself is not a post on the forum.

Cheers.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
James, thanks for inviting me to deliver the keynote address at the upcoming celebrations. I accept your kind offer.

I'd be grateful if you'd confirm our previous discussions that the time for the speech is limited to 45 minutes and that any references to posters singled out in it will not incur a ban, given the speech itself is not a post on the forum.

Cheers.
I fully expect that a transcript of said speech will be the OP of a commemorative thread.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year

Cheers.
I can help you touch up the speech with some jokes if you like?

Burgey

I fully expect that a transcript of said speech will be the OP of a commemorative thread.
I'm already working from time-to-time on the record-breaker which will be posted when I pass Richard's tally. It'll take some bark off a few people, I suspect.

Also working on the inevitable "Ok" post which will follow.

Shady Slim

International Coach
I'm already working from time-to-time on the record-breaker which will be posted when I pass Richard's tally. It'll take some bark off a few people, I suspect.

Also working on the inevitable "Ok" post which will follow.
imagining richard has all this time been silently observing the post counts so he can return and vault you as soon as you do the grand post

Burgey

That's actually the sort of thing he could well do, though he would be incapable of keeping that intention to himself.

cnerd123

likes this

Cheers.
Ok

SillyCowCorner1

I have been attached to another forum prior to joining this forum in the late part of March 2017. Life was simple back then, we didn't have to wear masks (well it was only when we were applying weedkillers in the sugar-cane fields).
Root was the weak link in the 'Fab Four'.

As with anything new, it was strange at first. Members here were more or less not interested in what you had to discuss. I was posting one-worded replies...and no one even give a **** about me. I was trying my best to 'fit in'...but things don't happen overnight.

In moments like these, either you hang around and idle or you simply 'lose interest' and never log in again. I chose the former.

If you are a cricket lover, you will find this place to be bursting with cricket knowledge. It's hard to contain. There are cricket stalwarts here. Stats-crazy-ATG-trigger-happy-Bradman-excluded enthusiasts. They will argue like hell in the ATG thread.

At the end of the day, they're just opinions. Some may sway your assessment of a certain player, while others just happen to be utter BS. The biases are clear though. "Imran Khan is better than Sir Curtly Ambrose"

CW's match threads are the real deal though. This is where one can be heard. This is where a newbie can rub shoulders with some of the most 'esteemed' members of this great forum.
A wicket falls and you see a plethora of posts erupting. Disappointment or jubilation. For me, it's mostly my Windies team collapsing like dominoes...but on the flip side, I am happier when our guys take a wicket.

Yeah, you can partake in a draft and open up a can of worms..trying to find the right player to pick, only to see that he's been grabbed by the drafter before you. My philosophy in drafts is simple-- Idgaf. It's who I like, I guess.

The off-topic section of this forum is a gold mine. It's more like chilling in the backyard and smoking a joint and indulging with friends...talk ****. What made your day? What ruined it? Who pissed you off?
The therapy is free. Simply interacting with someone can lift up confidence. It depends on who you interact with though. I call this specialization.

I end this here now.

Big shoutout to James and everyone else who's played a part in establishing this site. 20 years is like dog (not the member) years in internet time.

All the best.
Cheers :)

Shri

Mr. Glass
I have been attached to another forum prior to joining this forum in the late part of March 2017. Life was simple back then, we didn't have to wear masks (well it was only when we were applying weedkillers in the sugar-cane fields).
Root was the weak link in the 'Fab Four'.

As with anything new, it was strange at first. Members here were more or less not interested in what you had to discuss. I was posting one-worded replies...and no one even give a **** about me. I was trying my best to 'fit in'...but things don't happen overnight.

In moments like these, either you hang around and idle or you simply 'lose interest' and never log in again. I chose the former.

If you are a cricket lover, you will find this place to be bursting with cricket knowledge. It's hard to contain. There are cricket stalwarts here. Stats-crazy-ATG-trigger-happy-Bradman-excluded enthusiasts. They will argue like hell in the ATG thread.

At the end of the day, they're just opinions. Some may sway your assessment of a certain player, while others just happen to be utter BS. The biases are clear though. "Imran Khan is better than Sir Curtly Ambrose"

CW's match threads are the real deal though. This is where one can be heard. This is where a newbie can rub shoulders with some of the most 'esteemed' members of this great forum.
A wicket falls and you see a plethora of posts erupting. Disappointment or jubilation. For me, it's mostly my Windies team collapsing like dominoes...but on the flip side, I am happier when our guys take a wicket.

Yeah, you can partake in a draft and open up a can of worms..trying to find the right player to pick, only to see that he's been grabbed by the drafter before you. My philosophy in drafts is simple-- Idgaf. It's who I like, I guess.

The off-topic section of this forum is a gold mine. It's more like chilling in the backyard and smoking a joint and indulging with friends...talk ****. What made your day? What ruined it? Who pissed you off?
The therapy is free. Simply interacting with someone can lift up confidence. It depends on who you interact with though. I call this specialization.

I end this here now.

Big shoutout to James and everyone else who's played a part in establishing this site. 20 years is like dog (not the member) years in internet time.

All the best.
Cheers :)
ok

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Now envisioning some a 'this is your life' type zoom call, where ancient posters resurface to talk about the good old days, much to James'surprise