• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CricketWeb selects the ATG ODI XI

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
Please go and check statsguru before typing whatever that comes in your mind .
Richards , Lara and Tendulkar average 76,78 and 49 in knockouts respectively
Smith is rhe WC knockout goat
What you are saying is that Jayawardene was a better ODI cricketer than Bevan because he has a century in WC SF as well as Final .
Bevan is ****ing overrated. Jaya was a clutch player.

ODI ATXI based on WC MoS/Final MoM

Adam Gilchrist (2007 Final)
Sachin Tendulkar (2003 MoS)
Ricky Ponting (2003 Final)
Viv Richards (1979 Final)
Dhoni( 2011 Final)
Klusener (1999 MoS)
Ben Stokes (2019 Final)
Warne ( 99 Final)
Akram (92 Final)
Garner (79 Final)
McGrath (2007 MoS)
Replace Ponting for Smith.

Sunil1z

International Debutant

Attachments

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
can't decide which is funnier, Burgey's beef with Pollock and ABD or Asshole's beef with McGrath and Bevan
The former is background noise now. Deep into the realm of self parody. The latter, however, is as novel as it is ludicrous. Calling McGrath useless and downgrading him because of his WC record (that too relative to Pollock...) is brainworms on a totally unprecedented level. It is actually somewhat morbidly fascinating.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The former is background noise now. Deep into the realm of self parody. The latter, however, is as novel as it is ludicrous. Calling McGrath useless and downgrading him because of his WC record (that too relative to Pollock...) is brainworms on a totally unprecedented level. It is actually somewhat morbidly fascinating.
The Garner for better batting is genuinely peak CW #content tbh ?

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Would have this 2nd XI:

Gilchrist (w)
Sehwag
Ponting
Symonds (7)
Buttler
Yuvraj (5)
Klusener (6)
Kapil (3)
Starc (1)
Warne (4)
Waqar (2)
Dilshan / Sharma > Shewag as opener.

Sharma 7409 @ 56.6 @ 92.5
Dilshan 7367 @ 46.1 @ 89.1
Shewag 7518 @ 36.5 @ 104

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dilshan / Sharma > Shewag as opener.

Sharma 7409 @ 56.6 @ 92.5
Dilshan 7367 @ 46.1 @ 89.1
Shewag 7518 @ 36.5 @ 104
It's not that they aren't better by some metric. It's that I want the Gilchrist - Sehwag approach. Jayasuriya the only one who could replace either but I don't trust his batting against strong bowling.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
All rounders for an ATG ODI XI

Jayasuriya
Watson
Kallis
Yuvraj
Stokes
Dhoni +
Imran *
Kapil
Afridi
Pollock
Hadlee
To play:

Gilchrist (wk)
Dilshan
Viv (c)
G Chappell
Shakib
RTD
Symonds
Imad Wasim
Flintoff
Klusener
Streak

This side has better batting than yours.

Harris (12th)

Or

Gayle
Astle
Shastri
Cairns
Butler (wk)
Maxwell
Abdul Razzaq
Faulkner
Botham/Woakes
Jadeja
Oram

Hardik Pandya (12th)

Last edited:

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
It's not that they aren't better by some metric. It's that I want the Gilchrist - Sehwag approach. Jayasuriya the only one who could replace either but I don't trust his batting against strong bowling.
Dilshan is a much better player of lateral movement than Shewag. Sharma too.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jayasuriya made some big scores against strong Aus attacks. I would trust him against strong bowling just as much, if not more, than Sehwag or Rohit

Dilshan is massively overrated though, especially by Migs. He has good career numbers but a second strong ODI opener at best

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Jayasuriya made some big scores against strong Aus attacks. I would trust him against strong bowling just as much, if not more, than Sehwag or Rohit

Dilshan is massively overrated though, especially by Migs. He has good career numbers but a second strong ODI opener at best
2 great hundreds by Jayasuriya against Australia, both in Sydney and SL wins.

What is the other commonality ? Symonds is the 5th bowler and actually does well.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year

I though he was being discussed as the opener of the 2nd XI?