• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CricketWeb selects the ATG ODI XI

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
MSD to captain

Wasim and McGrath with the new ball.

12th man - Watson (players who provides most cover for emergencies)

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would have this 2nd XI:

Gilchrist (w)
Sehwag
Ponting
Symonds (7)
Buttler
Yuvraj (5)
Klusener (6)
Kapil (3)
Starc (1)
Warne (4)
Waqar (2)

_00_deathscar

International Regular
Would have this 2nd XI:

Gilchrist (w)
Sehwag
Ponting
Symonds (7)
Buttler
Yuvraj (5)
Klusener (6)
Kapil (3)
Starc (1)
Warne (4)
Waqar (2)
Sehwag and Gilchrist? Specifically for the approach I’m guessing - both were middling as bats. Would go Mark Waugh.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Changed much in 9 years?

srbhkshk

International Captain
Anyways, I am going to call it in favor of Pollock over Kapil 8-6. No votes for Klusener surprisingly.

So the final XI is:

1. Lara
2. Tendulkar
3. Viv
4. Kohli
5. ABD
6. Dhoni
7. Pollock
8. Akram
9. Garner
10. McGrath
11. Murali
To play -

1. Gilchrist
2. Rohit
3. Ponting
4. Hussey
5. Bevan
6. Symonds
7. Kapil
8. Hadlee
9. Starc
10. Warne
11. Ambrose

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The ATG team is already a ROW XI.

Makes you think.
TBF, it just shows Australia gelled together better as a team esp. under Ponting. So many great players around each other means less opportunities for some of them to either showcase their peak ability/be tested fully. But when rating overall careers, we do have to go by career records as its the best we got, even if its obviously not perfect.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
cbf going back through the pages, so can someone please list the final abomination here so I can screen shot and keep it for a laugh when I'm feeling blue?
Kallis(opening batsman)
Kallis(opening hack)
Kallis(intimidator)
Kallis(consolidator)
Kallis(momentum generator)
Kallis(wicket keeper)
Kallis(end overs slogger+5th bowler)
Kallis(swing bowler)
Kallis(express pacer)
Kallis(spinner)
Kallis(reverse swing bowler)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Personally prefer that All Kallis team to the Knob Jockey XI that's been picked tbh.

AbDV at five and Shaun Pollock at seven in an ATG ODI side. FMD what a joke. Is it the Heimlich Maneuever XI?

I thought there was a worldwide shortage of mind altering drugs atm with all the supply chain issues, but it's somehow all found its way into the feeble minded buffoons who voted for this team.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Seriously, one Australian is ridiculous given the WCs they’ve won. Give us back McGrath and replace him with anyone you like:

Gilchrist
M Waugh
Ponting
Jones
Symonds
Hussey
Watson
Starc
Warne
Lillee
McGrath

I’d back this XI against the team selected. Squad would contain Smith, Lee, Bracken, Hogg, Haddin and Warner