• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketweb decides the second best batsman ever. 32 player bracket, Contest Thread!

pardus

School Boy/Girl Captain
Garry Sobers vs George Headley
Sachin Tendulkar vs Brian Lara
Jack Hobbs vs Sunil Gavaskar
Viv Richards vs Len Hutton

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Kills me voting against Hutton who I'm a massive fan of. Greatest opener ever IMO

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
It's quite weird how 9 our of ten people would vote for Hobbs ahead of Hutton but when you get into it, one could vote Hutton ahead of Hobbs.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Thought so but posted any ways. I mean the votes should not be as skewed in favour of Hobbs as it is when people compare Hobbs and Hutton.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Thought so but posted any ways. I mean the votes should not be as skewed in favour of Hobbs as it is when people compare Hobbs and Hutton.
It should be though. In a straight vote between the two there's no reason for Hutton to get any votes. But that doesn't mean anyone disputes that Hutton was a great batsman.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I rate Hutton higher than Hobbs for no definable reasons.