• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketweb decides the second best batsman ever. 32 player bracket, Contest Thread!

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
a score update!:

Sobers leads 31-2
Sachin still tying with Lara 16-16
Hobbs leads 32-1
Viv leads 24-9

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
There are always definable reasons. Extrapolating those reasons and explaining them properly is the difficult bit.
True. CBF'd might be the real reason.

Hutton was a great. If you ignore the two tests he played against Pakistan that were pretty poor (but to be reasonable we should state that his average for them was 6) he has averaged 40 plus against every nation he played against and IN every nation he played in (apart from NZ- where he averaged 30).

Playing against:
Aus- 56
India- 58
NZ- 45
SA- 52
WI- 79

Playing in:
Aus: 50
Eng: 57
NZ: 30
SA: 56
WI: 77

That's a freaking phenomenal record. I rate players who succeeded against all opponents and in all conditions very highly.

Made those runs against some pretty impressive bowlers too.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Kills me voting against Hutton who I'm a massive fan of. Greatest opener ever IMO
Know what you mean. Massive fan of Hutton as well. Hobbs might be the greatest (legend) but Hutton in my opinion is the best opener ever.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
It's quite weird how 9 our of ten people would vote for Hobbs ahead of Hutton but when you get into it, one could vote Hutton ahead of Hobbs.
Yes, 9 out of 10 people voting one way necessarily means 1 voting the other way. That's how maths works, Pratters.

Last edited:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I'm open to receiving ***ual favours FTR.

Now's the time to find out just how much honestbharani really loves Lara.

watson

Banned
True. CBF'd might be the real reason.

Hutton was a great. If you ignore the two tests he played against Pakistan that were pretty poor (but to be reasonable we should state that his average for them was 6) he has averaged 40 plus against every nation he played against and IN every nation he played in (apart from NZ- where he averaged 30).

Playing against:
Aus- 56
India- 58
NZ- 45
SA- 52
WI- 79

Playing in:
Aus: 50
Eng: 57
NZ: 30
SA: 56
WI: 77

That's a freaking phenomenal record. I rate players who succeeded against all opponents and in all conditions very highly.

Made those runs against some pretty impressive bowlers too.
It's not easy to combine a paradox with irony, but I think that you've just achieved it.