• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CricketWeb decides the Greatest Players Post World War I

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A lot of his best work in his later years came in front of empty stands in the UAE.

SillyCowCorner1

A lot of ***y names thus far.

Lemme add my guys:

Richie Richardson, Lance Gibbs, Rohan Kanhai, Roy Fredericks, Steve Camacho, Charlie Davis, Joey Carew, Conrad Hunte, Frank Worrell for being West Indies' first black test captain, Joe Solomon...

And probably the greatest fast bowler of all time: Fred Trueman

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Some names from me:

Yasir Shah, WJ O'Reilly, Wasim Akram, VD Philander, V Kohli, SR Waugh, SPD Smith, SM Pollock, SK Warne, Sir RJ Hadlee, Shoaib Akhtar, S Chanderpaul, RT Ponting, RA Jadeja, R Ashwin, ML Hayden, MJ Clarke, MEK Hussey, MD Marshall, M Muralitharan, KP Pietersen, KC Sangakkara, K Rabada, JN Gillespie, JH Kallis, JE Root, HM Amla, GD McGrath, DW Steyn, DG Bradman, DA Warner, CEL Ambrose, CA Pujara, BC Lara, AR Border, AN Cook, AC Gilchrist, AB de Villiers, AA Donald, A Kumble

Burgey

I think Trueman has already been nominated. Liking the Conrad Hunte and Worrell love.

Have Weekes and Walcott been nominated? If not, they have now.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sylvester Clarke, Stan McCabe, Collie Smith, Douglas Jardine and Tony Greig

...... oh and Mike Brearley

MagicPoopShovel

U19 12th Man
Didn't see Kaneh Williamson get a nod (or I missed it)

Are we only considering Tests here ?

I'd nominate Arjuna as well being a hugely influential player + was a decent ODI bat for his time.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Greatness is very vague. What makes a player great?

Can we strum up some support for Boonie. The man deserves a gig on folklore. He wont win the thing but I hope he might slip in to the last rungs.

And now for the regular spiel of names. Is this tests only? Wasn't the original list for all cricket?

Bradman, Border, SWaugh, Ponting, GChappell, Smith, McGrath, Lindwall, Warne, Lillee, Miller, (Bevan, Jones) Hutton, Hammond, Hobbs, Barnes (if pre war decided), Trueman, Botham, Anderson, Cook, Imran, Akram, Miandad, Inzy, VRichards, Lara, Worrel, Weeks, Walcott, Ambrose, Marshall, Holding, Garner, Walsh, Murali Sangakara, DeSilva, Tendulkar, Gavaskar, Dravid, Sehwag, Kohli, (Dhoni), I'm bored now

trundler

Great, the turn out has been awesome. Second all picks and I shall now compile the list. How long will the final list be? You decide.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
No player pre 1960'ish would be able to compete in today's game. Bradman, Hobbs etc would be awful in the current game. As would Pele in football and Jesse Owens in the 100m.
I see Cow has copped another ban. My first guess is it was for moronic trolling such as this.

Cow would have been pitiful on today's forum anyway. It's a different forum.

Pap Finn Keighl

International Debutant
Clive Rice
Mike Procter
Sehwag
Kumble
Vengsarkar
(Dhoni)
De Silva
(Jayasoorya)
Cairns
Bond