• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CricketWeb decides the Greatest Players Post World War I

Borges

International Regular
Cow! Cow!! Cow!!! I want more of Cow! Give this Cow twenty four votes, I say. Twenty four votes per era.

a massive zebra

International Captain
Hobbs, Gavaskar, Hutton, Sutcliffe, Bradman, G Pollock, Hammond, Headley, V Richards, Tendulkar, Lara, Sangakarra, G Chappell, Ponting, Miandad, Kohli, Dravid, de Villiers, Sobers, Kallis, Gilchrist, Knott, Kirmani, Imran, Miller, Botham, Procter, Ashwin, Marshall, Hadlee, Ambrose, McGrath, Trueman, Steyn, Lillee, Lindwall, Waqar, Donald, Holding, Murali, O'Reilly, Warne, Laker, Verity.

Last edited:

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hobbs, Gavaskar, Hutton, Sutcliffe, Bradman, G Pollock, Hammond, Headley, V Richards, Tendulkar, Lara, Sangakarra, G Chappell, Ponting, Miandad, Kohli, Dravid, de Villiers, Sobers, Kallis, Gilchrist, Knott, Kirmani, Imran, Miller, Botham, Procter, Ashwin, Marshall, Hadlee, Ambrose, McGrath, Trueman, Steyn, Lillee, Lindwall, Waqar, Donald, Holding, Murali, O'Reilly, Warne, Laker, Verity.
Just what the thread needed. A solid contribution from AMZ!

trundler

So are we including pre War players?

I'll give it until tomorrow to sort out the shortlist.

trundler

Trying to get as many reasonable names as possible. Then people can post their shortlists.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Moo.

Anyway a few more

India:

Hazare, Merchant, Dhoni, Zaheer

West Indies:

Constantine, Martindale, Gibbs, Walcott, Weekes

OverratedSanity

No mentions of Younis Khan thus far only convinces me even more that he's by far the most underrated player on CW.

OverratedSanity

I honestly don't even get why he's underrated. Was ridiculously consistent for ages, solid overseas numbers compared to other Pakistani greats, and one of the genuine nice guys in cricket too. Maybe because he was just a bit of a late bloomer he kind of went under the radar a bit, but it's baffling to m that he doesn't get his due. Even from his own country's fans ffs.

trundler

I honestly don't even get why he's underrated. Was ridiculously consistent for ages, solid overseas numbers compared to other Pakistani greats, and one of the genuine nice guys in cricket too. Maybe because he was just a bit of a late bloomer he kind of went under the radar a bit, but it's baffling to m that he doesn't get his due. Even from his own country's fans ffs.
He was a slow scorer and not really a superstar. BS reasons, of course but that is why.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
His greatness came along after Ponting, Sangakkara, Dravid, and Kallis had made their mark (with Sangakkara continuing on to greater things), and right along side Tendulkar's second coming, Clarke's extraordinary elegance, and ABdV's mind boggling theatrics. No wonder it didn't get the correct amount of attention, people only have a limited spectrum.