• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CricketWeb Cricket Tour? Meet-up and Games

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gun idea. Will (hopefully) be in China next year though and won't be working, so any of my travelling would probably be confined within the country, so doesn't look likely for me.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I'd love to go, but the chance is pretty low. I've already talked to Kev about this, and it does seem a gun idea.

Shaggy Alfresco

State Captain
I could definitely go if it's May/June time.

One major problem is that I have never even played a game of cricket in my life. I only watch it on TV/in the stands. :laugh:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
This is certainly not completely out of the question for me. Unless the company screws me over, I should have about 208 hours of vacation for the next calendar year, so if I plan it just right, I could make this. Of course this would depend on if things go as planned as far as the rest of my life is concerned for the next year. :p

I wonder where I'll be able to fit the North American Meet-up if that does happen.

Craig

World Traveller
This is certainly not completely out of the question for me. Unless the company screws me over, I should have about 208 hours of vacation for the next calendar year, so if I plan it just right, I could make this. Of course this would depend on if things go as planned as far as the rest of my life is concerned for the next year. :p

I wonder where I'll be able to fit the North American Meet-up if that does happen.
Aren't you due in Australia to get your revenge eh Muttiah?

cpr

International Coach
Thinking about it, rather than 3 days, 2 games, might be an idea to incorporate a bit more into it that benefits the Bulgarian side of it. If say 12 people go, then why not try and organize them splitting to 2, possibly 3 groups, and spend an afternoon at a couple of local schools drumming up a bit of interest with children? 99% might see it as a novel games lession rather than the usual kick about, but if one takes it seriously then why not? Some donated whites/bats/balls from the BCB (if thats what they call themselves) might get one or two schools playing regularly. Thats got to be their main aim.

As for personally going, it would be something i'd consider. OK, not played in 6 years, so would only go if the numbers needed making up, but think it'd be a worthwhile thing to do. Think the date might be a bit early for someone like Neil if he was interested, given his teaching duties (mind you, later and the whole school idea above would be stuffed. Catch 22).

Wonder if we could get the ICC to at least class it as a list A game :)

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
im in! even if this doesn't work out properly...i'd still be up for a trip to bulgaria to play some cricket haha!
I think you should get organising and make it serious Goughy, that why people will come

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
im in! even if this doesn't work out properly...i'd still be up for a trip to bulgaria to play some cricket haha!
I think you should get organising and make it serious Goughy, that why people will come
TBF, if we were going to get serious about it then after we set a date we would have to have a breakdown of responsibilities.

ie I would look after all the Bulgarian side of things (accomadation, games etc)

Someone else look at getting kit donated to Bulgarian cricket

Someone else be in charge of publicity, write-ups etc

Someone else be responsible for looking into the possibility of sponsorship

Someone else for travel arrangements
etc

Or we could have a small 3-4 person committee to cover all areas.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I'd be so down for this if I had the $$, though I'm not sure where my skills fit into CW's elite.
Skills not important otherwise the Bulgarians wouldnt make it on to the field :)

They will be bolstered by a few ex-pats but dont worry about the standard

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Skills not important otherwise the Bulgarians wouldnt make it on to the field :)

They will be bolstered by a few ex-pats but dont worry about the standard
Hi Goughy

How poor are the standards?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Hi Goughy

How poor are the standards?
Still learning but with potential. They are guys in their late teens and early 20s that have come to the game late.

They know what to do but it still isnt quite natural. They are also been taught how to coach the game.

Ive seen 3 Bulgarian players with good potential. One could be a good wicketkeeper/bat and 2 tall seam bowlers. Both with the potential of bowling with good gas but still are a little off in their actions.

If this tour went ahead, Id make sure I spent a good deal of time working with these guys. It would my incentive to get involved in the coaching as there is little incentive at the moment as its a small cricket playing country and they obviously cant afford me.

Simple answer would be without ex-pat players a very social level of cricket. With a few ex-pat players, decent village cricket.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
TBF, if we were going to get serious about it then after we set a date we would have to have a breakdown of responsibilities.

ie I would look after all the Bulgarian side of things (accomadation, games etc)

Someone else look at getting kit donated to Bulgarian cricket

Someone else be in charge of publicity, write-ups etc

Someone else be responsible for looking into the possibility of sponsorship

Someone else for travel arrangements
etc

Or we could have a small 3-4 person committee to cover all areas.
I could certainly cover the writing side of things, if someone else was to do the publicity part of that. :p

Neil for travel arrangements every time. And TBH, if he had the time, he'd be a pretty damn good bet as the sponsorship and kit-donation supremo too.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I could certainly cover the writing side of things, if someone else was to do the publicity part of that. :p

Neil for travel arrangements every time. And TBH, if he had the time, he'd be a pretty damn good bet as the sponsorship and kit-donation supremo too.
Haha, not sure he'll like that too much.