• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CricketWeb Cricket Tour? Meet-up and Games

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Would expect nothing else from an Aussie living in London TBH. :p

I'm a happy-at-home type. There's nowhere I'd rather be than this great place.
:laugh: We are indeed a nation of travellers.

Though loving your home and loving to travel certainly aren't mutually exclusive. :)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
That's true, but neither do Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, and the Czecg Republic, all EU countries but they wanted to see and stamp my passport, and in Slovakia the guy just looked at and gave it back to me and off I went. Some non EU countries I don't need a visa, like Serbia, Bosnia, Turkey, Albania for example.
Depends on country-to-country agreements, then.

Or the Slovak border checking guy wanted a day off.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
It would be an excellent oportunity for those residing in Europe - its abit from from Australia or NZ though.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I've heard a lot of good things about Bulgaria, particularly the people. I've spent a bit of time wandering around central and eastern Europe but Bulgaria is a place I haven't yet made it to, so this would be a great opportunity even beyond the cricket angle.

The more I think about it, the more interested I am. :)

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd love to join in too, but unfortunately it's a long way from Oz...tacked on to the next European trip maybe...book me in for future games at some stage.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Just to point out that if this was to happen we would be looking at early next summer (May/June prob) as there would be a fair amout of planning to be done and as the cricket season has ended here at the moment.

As for cost, as I said there is the possibility of free accomodation and discount flights range between 20GBP and 100GBP each way (inc tax) depending on time of travel and length of time booked in advance.

There isnt too much to the standard of cricket here. I dont doubt that the CW XI would be the stronger of the sides. If it happened, Id prob play for the Bulgarians just help.

Whilst cricket would be the reason for the tour, this is still a cricketing backwater and the real bonuses of the tour are pioneering cricket in a new region, meeting CW members and doing something interesting and different.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Don't think I'll be available unless I've moved out of home and haven't had all my money stolen by Warrant of Fitness testers.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:laugh: :laugh:

It's awesome having a joke with you Richard...an audience full of you at a stand-up gig would be heaven! :happy:
It's awesome having a joke with you SOC, I love pretending to take everything you say 100% seriously because it's rare for a post of yours to not be at least in some element in jest.

Dear old le was the same, and I do miss him.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Would be very interested. I'd travel half way across the world for less, so would deffinitely do it for cricket. Funding, of course, is a completely different thing.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just to point out that if this was to happen we would be looking at early next summer (May/June prob) as there would be a fair amout of planning to be done and as the cricket season has ended here at the moment.
There is a possibility that I may be in Europe at this time (mainly for the NZ tour of England). If I am to be in Europe anyway, then Bulgaria is easily affordable for Heath. I wouldn't be able to confirm that I'll be over there for quite a while though.

Craig

World Traveller
Don't think I'll be available unless I've moved out of home and haven't had all my money stolen by Warrant of Fitness testers.
Have you started plans on how to rig the Lotto draw so your parents win the whole jackpot?

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I'd come if I was older. Off-Spinner and lower order bat.

Anyway, its a great idea