• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web Forumer World Cup - Information and Discussion

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
yeah, it looks doubtful at this stage. Our teams so far looks like:

1. Mike 5181 (rhb)+
3. Hurricane (right hand bat)
4. Nzt (right hand bat)
5. Athlai (rhb + medium pace)
7. Somerset (allrounder right arm fast medium)
9. Voltman (right arm leg spin)
10. Heath (right arm fast)
11. Flem274* (leg break)

i'm sure there are others like bahnz and howsie that maybe interested.
meee!!!!
:)
http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/2466493-post9.html

Last edited:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Will there be a link where we can check our player profiles along with the stats during the WC?

Also, EWS, you have put my stats down as 0 batting and 100 bowling, correct? What I mean to ask is, is it possible to allocate 100 for bowling and 0 for batting?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Will there be a link where we can check our player profiles along with the stats during the WC?
Perhaps. Depends. Not promising it, but given I'm working on that feature of another OD simming comp, you could well do.

And yeah, you can assign 100 for batting or bowling if you wish.

weeman27bob

International Regular
Oh, I hadn't noticed there was actually a thread for this, was wondering why there were only sign-ups being posted.

But yeah.

Signed up for Netherlands, but quite happy to play for whoever, whenever and wherever.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Ok.. I am all warmed up and ready to go.. By the way PEWS, will we have warm up games against the real national XIs or something? That could be a nice way to keep things moving here...

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok.. I am all warmed up and ready to go.. By the way PEWS, will we have warm up games against the real national XIs or something? That could be a nice way to keep things moving here...
You missed quite a few catches off my bowling during practice. I reckon' you need to work on that :p

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, it looks doubtful at this stage. Our teams so far looks like:

1. Mike 5181 (RHB)+
4. NZT (right hand bat)
5. Athlai (RHB + Medium pace)
7. Somerset (Allrounder Right arm fast medium)
11. Flem274* (leg break)

I'm sure there are others like Bahnz and Howsie that maybe interested.
Have signed up as a wicketkeeper

Mike5181

International Captain
Have signed up as a wicketkeeper
I already signed up as keeper but you can fill that mantle if you want. I guess you could slot straight into number six. Though you are a defensive batsmen and you have 100 batting points so you may have to move up further. I'll let the others figure out the right balance of the team.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Sorry I missed that you'd signed up as wicketkeeper - I'll go delete that.

Looking forward to scoring 50 (80) every match tbh.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Revised team let me know if you are happy with your spot Sman.

1. Mike 5181 (RHB)+
2. StrawMan (LHB Very aggressive)
4. NZT (right hand bat)
5. Athlai (RHB + Medium pace)
7. Somerset (Allrounder Right arm fast medium)
11. Flem274* (leg break)

Howe_zat

Audio File
53 sign-ups in total so far. Looks like we'll have Australia, India, England, New Zealand and one other.

New Zealand need two more, Australia and England at least one, but we'll be able to move players around to second choice teams with two more signings.

Edit: Alternative brings us closer, we now have 54. (India have 13)

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
53 sign-ups in total so far. Looks like we'll have Australia, India, England, New Zealand and one other.

New Zealand need two more, Australia and England at least one, but we'll be able to move players around to second choice teams with two more signings.
James I believe registered his interest in this thread but hasn't signed up yet, so that's one more for New Zealand in theory. If we played sixes we'd have 9 teams. Might be more realistic.

blahblahblah

International 12th Man
i have signed up as opener for india

tell me one thing , if more tan 2 people go in for same spot , their points keep on being the same through out the tourney right?

so how will u avoid such a thing?