• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Does anyone here post on other cricket forums and know whether this video is being discussed somewhere? I put this up over seven years ago, but in the past month the number of views has doubled and I'm getting dozens of comments and subscribers all of a sudden.

I know it's a bit deciduous quoting your own posts, but I discovered why this video had suddenly become popular. Wisden India used it for a feature and someone clipped it and posted it on Twitter.

Video Sparks Debate About Controversial 1974 Greig-Kallicharan Incident (wisden.com)

Teja.

Global Moderator
Having gained over 50 subscribers from somewhere out there as a result of a Tony Greig video I felt a bit duty bound to find something crickety to post that wasn't on YouTube already. Not easy and I'm not 100% sure I succeeded, but I couldn't find this so uploaded it.

Now up to 291 subs!

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
This may well have been posted before. My apologies if it has.

Which were the best two deliveries in this clip? Murali's was great but, as an old pace man, I love O'Connor's and Starc's.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
The irony about that O'Connor dismissal was that it was played on a WACA pitch with such a massive crack outside a RH off-stump that pitching it there guaranteed wickets... and O'Connor bowled the ball of the match without touching the wicket!

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He looks away for a split second, could've been the sun in his eyes. Those are genuinely tough/impossible to sight.

Gob

International Coach
Let's just give him the benefit of doubt here in this case. Forget playing shots, there is no room for defense against this sort of bowling.
Bowling is indeed of top quality but the major culprit here is a bad pitch. That game was abandoned soon

Kirkut

International Regular
Bowling is indeed of top quality but the major culprit here is a bad pitch. That game was abandoned soon
Oh yes, Caribbean pitches of the past were lethal and gave reflection like a mirror. They were unapologetic about what pitches they prepared.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Made by @Immenso I believe

I see someone else finally found the Cunis footage from Perth.
Saw footage of Cowie in Starfighter's History of Fast Bowling thread , then also the discussion about WACA orientation and Freemantle Doctor and the link to Bob Cunis - and realised there is footage out their of players I'd only ever seen in the stats.

Set up an account and made a video of Bruce Taylor after he died, then I thought I'd make a Kippax-like A to Z of old nz bowlers. But it grew to be waaaay bigger to everyone who had bowled seam for NZ for whom I could find footage.

The big fish missing IMO is Gary Bartlett. Would love to see footage of him, and of 1990s one cap wonder David Sewell, and the Webb brothers.

Plenty of the footage is from videos from Robelinda and Arslan Majid (and Kippax for some Bennett and Duffy) who are active on here.

P.s. I'd recommend looking at the one containing Michael Owens, for some car crash viewing.

Last edited:

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Saw footage of Cowie in Starfighter's History of Fast Bowling thread , then also the discussion about WACA orientation and Freemantle Doctor and the link to Bob Cunis - and realised there is footage out their of players I'd only ever seen in the stats.

Set up an account and made a video of Bruce Taylor after he died, then I thought I'd make a Kippax-like A to Z of old bowlers. But it grew to be waaaay bigger to everyone who had bowled seam for NZ for whom I could find footage.

The big fish missing IMO is Gary Bartlett. Would love to see footage of him, and of 1990s one cap wonder David Sewell, and the Webb brothers.

Plenty of the footage is from videos from Robelinda and Arslan Majid (and Kippax for some Bennett and Duffy) who are active on here.

P.s. I'd recommend looking at the one containing Michael Owens, for some car crash viewing.
The main reason why I made that thread was to show those things all in one place, so people can see how bowling's changed over the years. Not been giving it much attention recently, had a Keith Miller post sitting around for a couple of weeks but haven't got all the footage yet.

I'd seen the Owens footage when it was originally uploaded to Youtube - it was taken down subsequently and I haven't checked if it's made its way back. Poor guy just couldn't control the new ball at all.

The only clip of Bartlett is here in a Frith/West documentary. I have seen Richard Webb in the WSC videos that bob in and out of existence, but would rather have seen Murray, apparently he was very quick (and wild).

Last edited: