• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
There has been a lot of criticism of the pitch in the India v England 3rd Test. While it was certainly sub-standard, it wasn't unplayable and the batsmen weren't in risk of injury.

Here is a pitch that was worse than sub-standard. It was dangerous and the match was quite rightly abandoned.

James

Cricket Web Owner
There has been a lot of criticism of the pitch in the India v England 3rd Test. While it was certainly sub-standard, it wasn't unplayable and the batsmen weren't in risk of injury.

Here is a pitch that was worse than sub-standard. It was dangerous and the match was quite rightly abandoned.

Thanks for sharing , hadn't seen that before. As you say, worse than sub-standard.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Does anyone here post on other cricket forums and know whether this video is being discussed somewhere? I put this up over seven years ago, but in the past month the number of views has doubled and I'm getting dozens of comments and subscribers all of a sudden.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant

Kirkut

International Regular
Atherton could make Sourav Ganguly look like Ambrose. Guy had the most exaggerated mannerisms of any top-flight batsman I've seen.
Let's just give him the benefit of doubt here in this case. Forget playing shots, there is no room for defense against this sort of bowling.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Having gained over 50 subscribers from somewhere out there as a result of a Tony Greig video I felt a bit duty bound to find something crickety to post that wasn't on YouTube already. Not easy and I'm not 100% sure I succeeded, but I couldn't find this so uploaded it.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A match featuring a fine Blair Hartland pair might I add, and Chris Lewis actually picking up wickets.

Last edited: