• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

Flem274*

123/5
Quality random little gem for NZ fans.

First time I've seen some of those bowlers.

nothing quite demonstrates our rise like the the progression from harry cave, fen cresswell and ian cromb to hadlee, bond and the current quartet.

describing some of those blokes as right arm medium is insulting to nathan astle and lord colin. chris harris could have opened the bowling in tests if he was born 50 years earlier. loved the early martin crowe stuff though, some serious batsman bowling heat (for a batsman) there.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Adding colour to this black and white clip enhances it. Note Tyson's back-foot drag. It was in an era when no-balls were judged if the bowler's back foot was over the line at the moment of release. It must have been a nightmare for umpires. No wonder they changed the law.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Glorious knock. The timing on some of those off side dabs is outrageous. What stands out most about the video is that the applause for his century is about as gracious as I've ever heard from an away crowd, much less the biggest rivals. And this same crowd was throwing stones onto the pitch a day later. Kolkata crowds were so strange, they did the same thing in the 96 WC sf after applauding Aravinda's fifty as if he'd been an Indian cricketer.

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Glorious knock. The timing on some of those off side dabs is outrageous. What stands out most about the video is that the applause for his century is about as gracious as I've ever heard from an away crowd, much less the biggest rivals. And this same crowd was throwing stones onto the pitch a day later. Kolkata crowds were so strange, they did the same thing in the 96 WC sf after applauding Aravinda's fifty as if he'd been an Indian cricketer.

How much cash did Azhar get for that drop

nightprowler10

Global Moderator

I've watched it twice since you posted it. He was so amazing to watch.

On the crowd thing, I think it was around this time the Chennai match took place as well where the crowd applauded the winning Pakistan team.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I've watched it twice since you posted it. He was so amazing to watch.

On the crowd thing, I think it was around this time the Chennai match took place as well where the crowd applauded the winning Pakistan team.
Yeah but that was the #sportingChennaicrowd...

Kolkata, like OS pointed out, just swung between the extremes so much.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The ball Warne bowled Chanderpaul with at Sydney in '96 coming up reminds me of the fact that the channel that hosted the 96/97 full match highlights is long gone. Used to love watching the Windies' inept performances at points on that tour.