• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Yeah ESPN got the 221 shut down off my channel, even though it had nothing to do with ESPN, 1979??? And i got it off a BBC video from the 80's. Should've challenged it, but its ESPN.....

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Yeah ESPN got the 221 shut down off my channel, even though it had nothing to do with ESPN, 1979??? And i got it off a BBC video from the 80's. Should've challenged it, but its ESPN.....
Yeah, that's a shame! The same knock was taken down previously from an English uploader's channel... In the autumn of 2009, IIRC.

Riggins

International Captain
Rob any chance you have footage of Marto sledging Neil McKenzie and then running him out for 99 in this game? Hilarious runout getting into his head on 99.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Oh yes what a request! Coming within the hour.....

edit- give me 5 minutes.....IM ON IT!

Last edited:

sumantra

U19 Cricketer
glimpses of Boycott

Geoff Boycott 191 vs Australia 4th test 1977 - YouTube
Geoff Boycott 121* vs Pakistan 2nd test Lords 1971 - YouTube
Michael Holding to Geoff Boycott, 1981 - YouTube

while the first two are his better centuries, the third one has more to do with holding's superb first over...there is a famous story behind this one...in the first over, boycott played and missed 5 consecutive deliveries from micheal holding, and on the 6th ball, he got out (as u will see in this footage), as he came back to the dressing room, behind him was sitting allan knott, still new to the scenes comparatively...he said to someone at a audible voice, ''see, geoff boycott, a man of technique...missed 5 and got out on the 6th''...boycott heard it (as it was meant to), he turned towards knott and said, (in his typical way)...'' son, if i was not there, england would have been 0 for 6''

i heard it from an interview of krishnamachari srikant in t.v (but haven't found it in the net so far)...