• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Choose your 3 man pace attack in Tests (post 1970)

What is your 3 man pace attack in Tests (post 1970)

• Marshall

Votes: 45 93.8%
  • Anderson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Walsh

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Ambrose

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Hadlee

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • Pollock

• Roberts

• Steyn

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Lillee

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Younis

• Garner

• Khan

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Akram

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Donald

• Holding

• Mcgrath

Votes: 32 66.7%

• Total voters

gftw

U19 12th Man
Let me know if Im missing anyone. Feel free to drop the reasoning behind your attack! Mine is Marshall-Steyn-Mcgrath :)

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Marshall and McGrath first two picked.

Third would be Garner, Lillee, Ambrose, Wasim or Hadlee. Hard to split them for different reasons.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
This is something I wrestle with. At the moment it's

Marshall
McGrath
Steyn

If I'm forced to factor in batting or best balance.
Hadlee, Marshall, Steyn. But currently it is what's listed above.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Marshall and McGrath first two picked.

Third would be Garner, Lillee, Ambrose, Wasim or Hadlee. Hard to split them for different reasons.
My thoughts exactly. Might go Shane Bond for the 3rd spot just for something a bit different.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Marshall - greatest bowler of all time
Wasim Akram - greatest leftie of all time
Walsh - greatest workhorse of all time

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wasim gets the nod over a lot of peers on his level just due to the left arm variety and the swing option IMO if professional selectors were to sit down.

Marshall/Mcgrath/Wasim offers a lot.

Ambrose/Garner for the super height and bounce is one thing missing but McGrath can kind of hold that role as well as keeping out Hadlee for just consistent line and length. And of course for just like, consistent ATG level bowling Marshall takes the cake.

Was Donald the fastest of these blokes? Maybe him or Steyn?

I'm just thinking because they're all so similar in averages do you want a mr consistent, a speed demon and a left arm swinger. Maybe Marshall/Steyn or Donald and Wasim?

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Marshall and McGrath pick themselves. After that I might lean towards Steyn for reverse and brutal spells.