• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Choose your 3 man pace attack in Tests (post 1970)

What is your 3 man pace attack in Tests (post 1970)

• Marshall

Votes: 45 93.8%
  • Anderson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Walsh

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Ambrose

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Hadlee

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • Pollock

• Roberts

• Steyn

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Lillee

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Younis

• Garner

• Khan

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Akram

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Donald

• Holding

• Mcgrath

Votes: 32 66.7%

• Total voters

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The 1st three are practically the same bowler, with Curtly being just a touch faster
They're also CW's 2nd, 4th and 3rd greatest pacers respectively. Basically a real life video game that's super repetitive but works every time.

subshakerz

International Coach
I am curious in a real life scenario whether having contrasting bowlers works better or bowlers of the same variety. I am inclined to go with the former based on the 80s WI success. It is much harder as a batting team to plan for that sort of lineup.

I also inclined to think that battles between two ATG teams will inevitably be low-scoring affairs in most conditions. Very hard to see any batsman get on top of four top drawer pacers, Bradman aside.

Slifer

International Captain
Well of course there are tons of factors to consider. Steve Smith is by far the best thing going around these days but even he has had well advertised issues with relentless quality pace. Especially, when that pace shows up in conditions that favor them. See his last two series home and away vs RSA.

Shady Slim

International Coach
i'll go only for those who i've while i've been alive, which makes it pretty easy - mcgrath takes the top spot, then two from three of steyn-philander-cummins... think at this stage cummins has to just miss out on selection at present but that could change!!

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
So, if going on purely bowling and no other considerations.
Marshall, Steyn, McGrath
If they are other considerations
Hadlee, Marshall, Steyn

Pap Finn Keighl

International Debutant
I am curious in a real life scenario whether having contrasting bowlers works better or bowlers of the same variety. I am inclined to go with the former based on the 80s WI success. It is much harder as a batting team to plan for that sort of lineup.

I also inclined to think that battles between two ATG teams will inevitably be low-scoring affairs in most conditions. Very hard to see any batsman get on top of four top drawer pacers, Bradman aside.
Bradman and Kapil Dev.

Actually Kapil Dev.

Last edited: