• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Champions League 2007/08

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Steaua/Arsenal pretty ordinary stuff it must be said. Looking more like the Arsenal of the last couple of years: all the possession but no end product.

Fair play to the Huns tho; 3-0 in Lyon!!! Staggering. :-O

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I take it back. Lovely goal from Drogba & a wonderful through ball from J Cole too, even if he did handle it in the build up.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I take it back. Lovely goal from Drogba & a wonderful through ball from J Cole too, even if he did handle it in the build up.
'Twas a magnificent ball, showing why I think he could be a quality central mid-fielder if giving the chance.

Chelsea with Drogba is a totally different proposition, then what they have been serving up lately, it has to be said.

Agent TBY

International Captain
BBC said:
2104: GOAL Rosenborg 0-1 Schalke 04
A goal. Happy days. Jermaine Jones scores for Schalke in the other game in Chelsea's group.
For a moment, I was wondering wtf Jenas was doing at Schalke.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Anyone seen the Dida incident from Parkhead? Obviously disgraceful that a fan was on the pitch & worse that he touched a player, but Dida's reaction was, well, dire. Goes down like he's been poleaxed & exited on a strecther hoding a ice-pack to his face. The fan brushed his shoulder! Worst bit of play acting since Rivaldo collapsed clutching his face after being hit in the tummy v Turkey in the 2002 WC. I had a quick look on YouTube, but couldn't find it yet.

Probably end up with the game being awarded to Milan now.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Weird. Marseilles getting better results than Lyon. :wacko:
Was surprised to see Marseille so low in French league (17th) for I watched them a couple of times this year and they have played some great stuff. Liverpool were awful but can't take anything away from Eric Gerets side, deserved winners and all this without Samir Nasri.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone seen the Dida incident from Parkhead? Obviously disgraceful that a fan was on the pitch & worse that he touched a player, but Dida's reaction was, well, dire. Goes down like he's been poleaxed & exited on a strecther hoding a ice-pack to his face. The fan brushed his shoulder! Worst bit of play acting since Rivaldo collapsed clutching his face after being hit in the tummy v Turkey in the 2002 WC. I had a quick look on YouTube, but couldn't find it yet.

Probably end up with the game being awarded to Milan now.
Heard about it, sounds funny. Although, my news was reporting it like Dida has been assaulted by the fan...

AC Milan don’t seem to be making such a fuss about it though, Adriano Galliani has said the club would not protest to UEFA and Carlo Ancelotti said that result shouldn’t be changed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/7027114.stm

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Heard about it, sounds funny. Although, my news was reporting it like Dida has been assaulted by the fan...

AC Milan don’t seem to be making such a fuss about it though, Adriano Galliani has said the club would not protest to UEFA and Carlo Ancelotti said that result shouldn’t be changed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/7027114.stm
Clever bloke. He's realised how close his stadium is to Interistas. :ph34r:

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Hahaha. Softest incident. If the fan "struck" Dida like that BBC article suggests, I'm Nambaryn Enkhbayar. Looked more like a tap on the shoulder than anything. Dida obviously wasn't hurt - he turned around and chased the **** ffs! Then suddenly remembered he was playing playing a sport for people without balls. The **** should have hit Dida properly, actually give the soft **** something to writhe about in agony for.

Craig

World Traveller
Was surprised to see Marseille so low in French league (17th) for I watched them a couple of times this year and they have played some great stuff. Liverpool were awful but can't take anything away from Eric Gerets side, deserved winners and all this without Samir Nasri.
That was one helluva goal by Mathieu Valbuena though. One of the goals of the tournament so far?

Hahaha. Softest incident. If the fan "struck" Dida like that BBC article suggests, I'm Nambaryn Enkhbayar. Looked more like a tap on the shoulder than anything. Dida obviously wasn't hurt - he turned around and chased the **** ffs! Then suddenly remembered he was playing playing a sport for people without balls. The **** should have hit Dida properly, actually give the soft **** something to writhe about in agony for.
Yeah it sounded like a soft, but how did the fan get on the pitch anyway, he's probably going to get banned for the next 100000 years so he may as well have clocked Dida. Loving that Milan are going more downhill then an Olympic down-hill skier (insert name).

Tom Halsey

International Coach
If I was Celtic, I'd be very glad that the guy didn't leather Dida, because otherwise they'd probably be severaly punished. As it is, I reckon that they'll get away with it, comparatively anyway.

Craig

World Traveller
So are Lyon over-rated in Europe or that Juninho and Sidney Govou had a bust-up last season still hate each other despite the stores that were supposed to be friends again?