• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Budget Draft Revised

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Original Budget Draft - http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/threads/cricket-budget-draft.61861/

Basically, it's a standard all-time draft but each team has a budget of :

500 Test caps
30000 Test runs
1000 Test wickets.

To allow some flexibility and variation between teams in any round of the draft, prior to making your pick, you may elect to 'exchange' 100 wickets for 3000 runs or vice versa.
So you may adjust your budget to 27000 runs and 1100 wickets or 33000 runs and 900 wickets.
This may only be done once and is irreversible.

Bradman is available but will cost 3x his record.

Players need not to have actually played Test cricket.

Round 1 order will be randomised after signups are complete.
Every round thereafter will be in order of who has the most Caps available within their budget.
In the case of a tie, players will pick in order from who has made the most selections to the fewest.
In the case of a tie, players will pick in order from who has had the longest time between picks to the shortest.

I intend to start this after the completion of the ongoing England vs Pakistan Test to remove the issue of ongoing innings etc.

Hopefully that all makes sense.

Happy for any feedback (particularly on Bradman and the last tiebreaker) or to answer any questions.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Sounds interesting and I'm in if this draft doesn't start until one of the current two (ATVG and Decade) is finished. I think they should both finish within 3 or 4 days.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Given this won't start until Monday evening at the very earliest due to ongoing test/weather I'm in. Just to check - there are no limits on players not to have played Tests - I don't plan on doing this but in theory you could have an XI with 0 Test caps between them? - Although of course there might be a question mark hanging over every single player in such a scenario

Jarquis

Sounds interesting and I'm in if this draft doesn't start until one of the current two (ATVG and Decade) is finished. I think they should both finish within 3 or 4 days.
Will leave signups open for a few days.

Gives the Eng/Pak Test a chance to finish and a chance for me to restructure the spreadsheet.

Jarquis

Given this won't start until Monday evening at the very earliest due to ongoing test/weather I'm in. Just to check - there are no limits on players not to have played Tests - I don't plan on doing this but in theory you could have an XI with 0 Test caps between them? - Although of course there might be a question mark hanging over every single player in such a scenario
Correct.

Still happy for feedback on either of the rules I highlighted in the OP.