• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Budget Draft Revised

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is going to be another mega draft.

I propose stingiest pick gets first pick in subsequent rounds. We have already established a wicket/runs equivalence.

Edit: I see this is how we're doing it. Nvm. @Pothas may want to join in that case.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
There are still rounds here. Just that the round order is determined by total matches used.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Line&Length
honestbharani
ataraxia
kingkallis
weeman
StephenZA
JOJOJO
trundler
Prince EWS
srbhbshk
Teuton
mr_mister
ankitj
Marcuss

will post the order in the morning to give any stragglers a chance. 24 hours for the first round at 12 every round thereafter

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Why does the entire first round get more time? First pick getting additional time should be enough.

Jarquis

There were 14 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

1. JOJOJO
  2. ankitj
  3. Prince EWS
  4. weeman
  5. StephenZA
  6. Teuton
  7. srbhbshk
  8. trundler
  9. mr_mister
  10. Marcuss
  11. honestbharani
  12. Line&Length
  13. kingkallis
  14. ataraxia
IP: 165.86.81.71
Timestamp: 2020-08-18 21:00:09 UTC

Picks don't have to be made in any order i.e. you can pick Tendulkar R1 and Ganteaume R2 if you wish, or vice versa.

Will compromise with ankitj - no timeouts in the first 24 hours and then 12 hours from there

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Mike Proctor please

Not sure if it helps at all for me to put record alongside but if it does, 7 matches, 226 runs, 41 wickets

Jarquis

Guys,

I’ve encountered a bit of an issue with the rules as set out.... if somebody picks an uncapped player with their first pick then effectively they’ll get a double (or triple etc if they pick another uncapped player) pick.

Should it be reversed from fewest selections to most in the case of a tie for remaining caps?

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Guys,

I’ve encountered a bit of an issue with the rules as set out.... if somebody picks an uncapped player with their first pick then effectively they’ll get a double (or triple etc if they pick another uncapped player) pick.

Should it be reversed from fewest selections to most in the case of a tie for remaining caps?
Apologies if this is just my confusion but I thought effectively say I chose Nicholas Pooran as a random example of a player without a Test cap as my first pick I wouldn't get another pick until everyone else has had their 1st pick and then I'd probably be 1st pick for the start of 2nd round. And then if I chose another uncapped player I would still have to wait for everyone else to have their 2nd picks before I had my 3rd pick and so uncapped players would just get me an earlier spot in each round and the only likely way of a double pick would be if Ataraxia as the final drafter in Round 1 picked an uncapped player and therefore got first pick in Round 2 - but if he then picked another uncapped player that would just mean first pick in Round 3 rather then another pick straight away.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Apologies if this is just my confusion but I thought effectively say I chose Nicholas Pooran as a random example of a player without a Test cap as my first pick I wouldn't get another pick until everyone else has had their 1st pick and then I'd probably be 1st pick for the start of 2nd round. And then if I chose another uncapped player I would still have to wait for everyone else to have their 2nd picks before I had my 3rd pick and so uncapped players would just get me an earlier spot in each round and the only likely way of a double pick would be if Ataraxia as the final drafter in Round 1 picked an uncapped player and therefore got first pick in Round 2 - but if he then picked another uncapped player that would just mean first pick in Round 3 rather then another pick straight away.
I also interpreted it this way.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
seems the fairest way to go

Jarquis

We’ll run with the suggested idea for this draft and I’ll come up with something to allow a fluid order for an ODI version

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Just so I`m not confused, because I am easily confused nowadays... we are doing draft rounds, were the round is determined by test cap number starting from lowest?

Jarquis

Each round order will be decided by who has the most caps remaining in their budget - from most to fewest.