• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boxing thread

Niall

International Coach
Tank simply to good:ph34r:

Brutal way to finish that.

Plenty of action elsewhere, Babic battered and Cordina looks a decent contender.

Niall

International Coach
Rumours that Fury is fighting either Ruiz or Pulev
Ruiz from a business POV would be the obvious one, still got some name recognition due to the Joshua win but ultimately a relatively easy night for Fury compared to some others.
Zhang been linked also but much more skeptical as that's obviously a much higher risk fight. It would be a fun one though.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Maybe he's tired of being a punching bag for mediocre British heavyweights. Dude doesn't have a single notable win since his highly contentious points victory v Ruiz. Suspect there's a part of him that knows he's just not good enough for the top level and is maybe happy to wind down his career by using what's left of his name recognition to get a few minor paydays against nobodies.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Picking Zhang is very clever matchmaking from the Fury camp.

Think stylistically it's a relatively easy fight. Stay out of the way for 6 rounds then the fight is his.

He would have a tougher time with Joyce.

Styles make fights.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Picking Zhang is very clever matchmaking from the Fury camp.

Think stylistically it's a relatively easy fight. Stay out of the way for 6 rounds then the fight is his.

He would have a tougher time with Joyce.

Styles make fights.
It’s a big money fight but I will believe it when I see it

Fury is not all there atm

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Canelo will get smoked by Bivol again
It's ****ing stupid that this fight is even being talked about.

Also, Mauricio Suleiman can **** off.

We want Bivol Beterbiev. Them being Russian is just so irrelevant to anything, it's complete bull****.

social

It's ****ing stupid that this fight is even being talked about.

Also, Mauricio Suleiman can **** off.

We want Bivol Beterbiev. Them being Russian is just so irrelevant to anything, it's complete bull****.
It’s boxing so all about money but a bad move

This is a cash out fight for Canelo

Bivol & Beterbiev will retire him

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
It’s boxing so all about money but a bad move

This is a cash out fight for Canelo

Bivol & Beterbiev will retire him
Oh no, Canelo won't fight Beterbiev.

I'm saying I want to see Bivol-Beterbiev.

And Canelo-Benevidez.

social

Oh no, Canelo won't fight Beterbiev.

I'm saying I want to see Bivol-Beterbiev.

And Canelo-Benevidez.
No way he fights Benevidez as he will lose & that’s a terrible look

He will fight Bivol and be a gallant loser

Beterbiev would be the worst option possible

I hope that he fights them all as he will be exposed as one of the biggest frauds in the history of boxing

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Think Haney probably wins a boring fight.

Just keeps it long.

Huge size and reach advantage and has the straight punches and ability to keep it long.

Niall

International Coach
no robbery sucks for Katie but fantastic win for Cameron.

Eddie Hearn has always got Okolie and Buatsi anyway ?

social

I am not a fan of women’s boxing at all so haven’t watched all of Taylor’s fights

However, in those that I have, I thought she was incredibly overrated with her defence consisting of blocking punches with her face

Last edited:

Niall

International Coach
I have watched a lot, not the most exciting but think she will go down as a boxing legend no matter the result of the rematch.

Loma robbed ffs.