• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Box or helmet?

steds

Hall of Fame Member
You're going into bat. You're only allowed one of these pieces of equipment. Which do you choose?

adharcric

International Coach
Box. I can duck under a bouncer. I can't quite do a Matrix impression when a ball's coming into my crotch at a high speed.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Helmet, if you put your front foot forward and to the right (if you're a right hander) you can quite easily protect your genitalia with your front thigh taking the damage.. Sod scoring runs if you don't have a box

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Box. You get hit in the nuts it hurts. You get hit in the head it doesn't hurt for a couple of hours.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Helmet. Not having a box might be a cheap way to get a vasectomy.

I'd rather deal with not being able to have kids than not having a face.

adharcric

International Coach
silentstriker said:
Helmet. Not having a box might be a cheap way to get a vasectomy.

I'd rather deal with not being able to have kids than not having a face.
Normal people care about having kids. You, on the other hand, would choose a cricket match over the birth of your child. :p

Dravid

International Captain
There was a point in my life, when I never used to wear a box. Did't find it comfertable so decided not to wear it. Then when day I was facing a fast bowler, and after laying on the ground for about 20 mins, I learned that I should always wear a box.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dravid said:
There was a point in my life, when I never used to wear a box. Did't find it comfertable so decided not to wear it. Then when day I was facing a fast bowler, and after laying on the ground for about 20 mins, I learned that I should always wear a box.
Haha. There's always one on every team.

But yeah, box for me.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I have always worn a box, like any sane person would. Helmet, no. I haven't ever worn one, because I can trust my eye. I sometimes hook off my nose, but only when I'm well set, but when it's new then probably not. Because of this I don't take as many chances.