• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Black Caps Squad

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Keep it simple

Conway
Young
Rachin/KW
Mitchell
Latham (wk)
Philips
Santner
Southee
Sodhi
Henry
Boult
Yeah Kane's gonna play almost the whole thing, if not all of it. You don't want to be making major reshuffles when he's available.

I know Rachin doing well opening confirmed a lot of our biases but they probably only did that to make sure they have him a hit in that practice game as opposed to really thinking of it as a serious option, unfortunately.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Keep it simple

Conway
Young
Rachin/KW
Mitchell
Latham (wk)
Philips
Santner
Southee
Sodhi
Henry
Boult
Santner and 7 & Southee at 8 is weak batting depth for ODIs, beside Southee shouldn't make the XI period, let alone no. 8

The sad reality is as much as I hate this side it's probably the one Stead has in mind

thundaboult

International Debutant
lol rachin getting the eng game at no.3 would be an unbelievable sign of confidence in the young fella

that said nzc doesn't have the b***s to try something like that, and maybe for a good reason, hey rach how about a no.3 at the world cup in yer first go eh no pressure

tell ya what tho, it would be refreshing as hell to see them back him like that

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
IMO Neesham is less useful on a road, not more. His cutters can be ok on a two-paced pitch, but inaccuracy gets destroyed on a road.

I've favoured Chapman at 7 too, though starting to get the feeling we'll see Rachin there for a lot of the tournament (ie. when Kane plays).

Days of Grace

International Captain
Chapman won’t bowl though, will he?

The only way Southee should play is as a replacement for Henry or Boult. He needs the new ball to be most effective.

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
IMO Neesham is less useful on a road, not more. His cutters can be ok on a two-paced pitch, but inaccuracy gets destroyed on a road.

I've favoured Chapman at 7 too, though starting to get the feeling we'll see Rachin there for a lot of the tournament (ie. when Kane plays).
Yeah I prefer Chapman tbh, but I just thinking having that extra seam option if Ferguson gets pumped (which probably likely). Maybe more likely for Neesham to play if Sodhi comes in for Ferguson on certain games.

Zinzan

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
Screen Shot 2023-10-04 at 10.32.24 PM.png
Headline on Cricinfo right now. I read the article.

I'm no expert - but how are we undercooked? Just because of Williamson's lack of fitness/game time? I would argue that we are better prepped than most teams given we got to play most of our 2 warm up games, and England played half of one 🤷‍♂️

trundler

Pakistan are overcooked as our best bowler is out injured and several good players are suffering from the yips after performing well at the start of the year.