• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Big Bash League 2014/15

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Bell isn't even good at T20 cricket; it was a silly post. Even Evans and Clarke for example would walk into Turner's spot, much as I love Turner.
Nah at full strength Turner doesn't even have a spot -- Mitch Marsh walks back in to that lower middle order + 2 overs a game spot.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
You wouldn't pick Patel over Hogg in Australian conditions, Marsh and Turner both play in place of another bowler (probably Tye who is stiff); gives them two spinning options and a tad more batting depth.

M Marsh puts Clarke out of a spot, Langer ain't taking Ambrose over Whiteman or Rankin over Coulter-Nile.

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Didnt they get 50k punters in for one game?

Granted its a shorter season, but thats gotta be smashing league and union.

Anything that gets kids into cricket is good enough for me now. I dont have much interest in 2020s or ODIs now ( being in a horrible timezone and not in Aus doesnt help) but test cricket is a complicated beast and i certainly prefered ODIs when i Was younger.

I Think of 2020s and ODIs as a pathway drug leading the kids into the much stronger and addictive test cricket

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I just hope those kids don't grow up to become poor and homeless and South Australian fans

brockley

International Captain
I might lighten my Big Bash stuff.Got some studies in March.Anyways starts Feb 2,expect sides to announced who signed pretty early,then some signings or more likely re signings.

Truely i just wanted to reboot it.:)

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I'll put my hand up and admit I was wrong, had massive misgivings about the whole repackaging of the T20 competition.

But you know what, the idea wasn't aimed at me, nor anyone else who posts on this forum. Cricket Australia brought it forward because of trends in junior participation and engagement, and from all reports it's done marvels. Going to a game can almost be tedious with the amount of rubbish on the scoreboards, PAs and all the other spectacles around it, but the kids are loving their night at the cricket; if it starts an engagement in the game for the 7-12 year olds in some form, then it's going to be for the best. And combined with a great TV presentation, it's still a great product to consume as a cricket lover.

I went to a Stars game with 32,000 and I'd never seen that many youngsters in a whole crowd at the AFL.

The participation issue in England is a stark reminder that the status quo can't be continued, from a marketing side of it at ECB level through to the participation at local leagues.
I took my kids (8 and 10 yrs old) to a 50 over game 2 weeks ago - Trinidad vs Jamaica. We stayed exactly 3 hours. They had a good time but, damn, 100 overs is a long time. T20 is perfect. Not just for the kids but for the family and Dad not having to listen to moaning about being bored while trying to watch the cricket.