• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Big Bash League 2014/15

GirtBySea

U19 12th Man
Bird to the Sixers but Stars have signed Hilf.
Clint McKay to the other Sydney and Johan Botha to the Sixers.
Sixers making the signings. That is two Tasmanian listed players (their two best pacemen), signed elsewhere!
The depth being built by the Sixers in particular is just mean. Look at all those international players they have on their list!

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
maybe sok is going to the thunder? doesnt make much sense given dermo abbott and henriques are also there

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
if the stars signing KP wasnt the most shane warne thing ever than the stars signing michael clarke would be

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
tbf Lyon's not exactly going to be around a whole lot in that window, well at least for the first half of the BBL. Botha/SoK then Botha/Lyon gives the Sixers a nice spin-based pairing (plus captaincy).

1. Lumb
2. Mad Dog
3. Random International Shunt
4. Moises
5. Silk
6. Carters
7. Botha
8. dermo Abbott
9. SoK
10. Bird
11. Dougeh

Actually when you consider that they've also currently got Starc and Hazlewood on their books, that's nuts amounts of bowling. We're seeing a Sixers team with 10 bowlers this year, aren't we (Botha's gonna bat 6)?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah Botha to Sixers is weird. Awesome for the Sixers regardless of balance issues IMO but not really great for the health of the competition if we end up with a bench-stacked team.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Given you're the one arguing against a free market for redistributive purposes (i.e. those horrible immoral Sixers signing too many good spinners), I can only assume that you actually are a Thunder boi after all.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I love how the Thunder conspiracy has kept people off the scent of the real scandal -- my closet Strikers-supporting.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I love how the Thunder conspiracy has kept people off the scent of the real scandal -- my closet Strikers-supporting.
The Strikers signed literally every ****ing spinner in the country over their existence, and you take issue with the Sixers signing three, when they know one will be on Test duty for half of it anyway?

Seriously -- Botha, Boyce, Zampa, Holland, Muirhead (well, Berry tried) etc. -- and they still find ways to give Craig ****ing Simmons overs.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The Strikers signed literally every ****ing spinner in the country over their existence, and you take issue with the Sixers signing three, when they know one will be on Test duty for half of it anyway?

Seriously -- Botha, Boyce, Zampa, Holland, Muirhead (well, Berry tried) etc. -- and they still find ways to give Craig ****ing Simmons overs.
My pro-Adelaide bias knows no bounds.

brockley

International Captain
Doherty not confirmed still a strong rumour tho.
Botha becomes an Aussie in 1 year,shrewed signing.Can bat at 6 or 7,better bat than O'keefe.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator

Nah, Muirhead played didn't he?

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
If I were a BBL recruiter, I'd be trying to sign Hamid Hassan. I suspect he'd be well within the budget, is a quality bowler, and is very marketable IMO.