• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Big Bash League 2014/15

dermo

International Vice-Captain
victoria finally conceding that they dont have enough talent in the state to justify two teams, should move them to wollongong

swede

School Boy/Girl Captain
There was I time I would've agreed 100%, but I've basically just given up on the idea of marketable domestic First Class cricket. I don't think it's ever going to happen again no matter what you do. I think the administrators basically gave up on it even before I did.
championship cricket is considerably more popular in England than its often given credit for. Despite receiving zero marketing, always being scheduled whereever it suits other formats and constantly talked down by everyone concerned it still attracts average crowds of just under 1,000 per possible days play. And those numbers could easily be increased if outgrounds were used more. Yorkshire´s best crowd last year was just under 20,000 over 4 days at Scarborough. Some lower level football clube would need months to achieve crowds like that.

But instead of developing outgrounds counties are busy going into debt making their main ground much bigger -and uglier - than they will ever need chasing some fantasy future.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
victoria finally conceding that they dont have enough talent in the state to justify two teams, should move them to wollongong
This from the state that has given us the piece of **** Thunder? Not copping that

brockley

International Captain
Big Bash teams have to July 5 to sign 10 players,18 players by November.
Big bash signing period started yesterday.

brockley

International Captain
Jesse Hogan ‏@Jesse_Hogan 3m3 minutes ago
.@StarsBBL CEO @ClintCooper re claim out-of-contract coach Shipperd released: "We're reviewing all of our off-field positions at the moment"
Heard Berry might not come back either.
2 interested parties David Saker and Jason Gillespie.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Different decision makers at CV/Stars innit?
Yeah, think that what I suggested is what CV would have preferred, but Stars have obviously had enough.

Be interesting to see what happens with Renegades, whether Moody takes over or if he ends up just managing it on behalf of a coach who would only be available during the two months of the tournament (e.g. Gillespie).

GirtBySea

U19 12th Man
Does anybody have any information on players' contracts? In particular I am interested on who is out of contract atm for potential moves for next season.

brockley

International Captain
Not atm,probably will come out soon who signed Heat have Reardon,Lynn and Cutting on the books,plus James Hopes re signed.

brockley

International Captain
Trade week starts nw(monday),in the past their have been 1/2 trades,think its more likely with players to be released to get new faces.,especially with as such a small pool of talented players around.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Can't believe I care about this, but Bird has joined the Sixers, which is mammoth for them.