• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best ODI tournament finals

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
To be honest, most of the World Cup finals I've seen have been disappointing mismatches - Pakistan's collapse in '99, Australia's romp in 2003, the dark fizzer in 2007 and NZ's heartbreaking capitulation this year.

So which tournaments have actually had the exciting finishes they deserved?

1996 and 2011 World Cup finals were good games, but my personal favourite is this one:
Final: England v West Indies at The Oval, Sep 25, 2004 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
2011 WC final was definitely a worthy final, if SL had taken a few more wickets it might have made for a much close match in the end.

Champions trophy 2013 was probably the best final in recent times, not necessarily for all the right reasons, but man what a game to have after waking up early and then having to wait so long for the match to start.

NZ v SA recently was a close one as well although it wasn't the actual final.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
2003 was a good final because we were seeing something unbelievably special, and something that was not common back then. It wasn't close sure, but it was good viewing (unless you were an Indian fan :()

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
1983 World Cup Final
1985 Final
1993 Hero Cup Final
1998 Sharjah Tendulkar Sandstorm Final
2008 Tendulkar Shows Final
2011 World Cup Final
2013 Champions Trophy Final

Other finals don't count.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
1983 World Cup Final
1985 Final
1993 Hero Cup Final
1998 Sharjah Tendulkar Sandstorm Final
2008 Tendulkar Shows Final
2011 World Cup Final
2013 Champions Trophy Final

Other finals don't count.
Think you mean the semi. The Tendulkar last over against South Africa :)

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
2nd final of Independence Cup 1998 when India chased 300 for the first time
Titan Cup 1996 when Richardson and Symcox almost snatched victory

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Think you mean the semi. The Tendulkar last over against South Africa :)
Ya golden arm - that semi-final was infinitely better than final.

But the final was enjoyable too. Kumble's 12-6 was special; and Lara getting clean bowled by Tendulkar was the icing.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
2nd final of Independence Cup 1998 when India chased 300 for the first time
That will always be my favourite final. Was sooo good coming at a time when conceding 300 was a guaranteed loss. Robin Singh, WAG.

Titan Cup and Desert-storm part II were excellent too. #90s4eva